More fodder for the treatment and prevention of Covid-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
I read this and found it rather confusing. None of these supplements are readily available in this country but I offer the article for any value it may have for someone. The advice if followed would be expensive and more than a little complicated in procuring the supplements. Hard to figure out which brand or strength is being referenced. I question the overall usefulness of the info but someone else may think differently. Since staying healthy is not a passive processes more info is always better than less. None of the advice in this article appears to have been proven to be effective so please keep this in mind. Not particularly useful to those in the DR I suspect.

Reactions: AlterEgo

pmcd

Apr 7, 2018
Interesting article. These supplements are widely available in both Canada and the US. You can even buy many of them on Amazon!
Surely Zinc and vitamin D are available in the RD? Vitamin D2 is really important, maybe as important as most of those exotic supplements. The one ingredient that is mentioned is Ivermectin, and that in a cocktail with zinc and an antibiotic, along with D, is something that is apparently very effective. Ivermectin has also been used as a preventative. I thought the DR was promoting its use?

Reactions: Russell

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Ivermectin has also been used as a preventative. I thought the DR was promoting its use?

Ivermectin has been mentioned several times in the media here. But lacking is the specific dosage and frequency of taking the drug. You would need to find a doctor that uses this treatment and go from there. As a preventative again same problem, no dosage and frequency info readily available from reliable sources.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
I read this and found it rather confusing. None of these supplements are readily available in this country but I offer the article for any value it may have for someone. The advice if followed would be expensive and more than a little complicated in procuring the supplements. Hard to figure out which brand or strength is being referenced. I question the overall usefulness of the info but someone else may think differently. Since staying healthy is not a passive processes more info is always better than less. None of the advice in this article appears to have been proven to be effective so please keep this in mind. Not particularly useful to those in the DR I suspect.

The author is a journalist and quotes anecdotal experiences including hydroxychloroquine which has been widely debunked by
the respected medical community.
If someone wants to take vitamins they appear to do no harm except to the pocketbook.
If you think it helps you might be right.

I used to buy powdered protein at the local health food store. I was always shocked by the terrible physical appearance of the health food customers who were trying to eat and vitaminize their way to health.

Modern medicine is quite clear on the idea that if there is a fountain of youth it is regular exercise especially progressive resistance weigh training along with cardio vascular training.

Reactions: Sailor51

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Interesting article. These supplements are widely available in both Canada and the US. You can even buy many of them on Amazon!
Surely Zinc and vitamin D are available in the RD? Vitamin D2 is really important, maybe as important as most of those exotic supplements. The one ingredient that is mentioned is Ivermectin, and that in a cocktail with zinc and an antibiotic, along with D, is something that is apparently very effective. Ivermectin has also been used as a preventative. I thought the DR was promoting its use?
Zinc and vitamin D are sold in many places in the DR. There is a store in the La Sirena mall in Santiago where I would think you could get almost all of the rest.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
The author is a journalist and quotes anecdotal experiences including hydroxychloroquine which has been widely debunked by
the respected medical community.
If someone wants to take vitamins they appear to do no harm except to the pocketbook.
If you think it helps you might be right.

I used to buy powdered protein at the local health food store. I was always shocked by the terrible physical appearance of the health food customers who were trying to eat and vitaminize their way to health.

Modern medicine is quite clear on the idea that if there is a fountain of youth it is regular exercise especially progressive resistance weigh training along with cardio vascular training.

Auryn

Apr 22, 2012
I use Ivermectin to deworm horses (Noromectin), it’s the main ingredient in that and the more expensive paste dewormers. Used to use the brand Ivomec to pour on cattle for various parasites. I’ve also used the Noromectin on dogs.
I did not know it was a human drug as well until it’s was discussed here on DR1. It’s definitely not the only transferrable drug, interesting though.
I order the Noromectin online sometimes and this is a warning that comes up now. I’m not even surprised.

“Warning from the Manufacturer:
Norbrook is aware that there are reports circulating globally regarding work being done on a number of potential drugs to fight the Covid-19 virus. One molecule in the news currently is ivermectin, which has shown some positive results but only in preliminary testing and only in vitro (not in an animal system). The molecule certainly has not undergone testing for activity against Covid-19 in humans and no work has been carried out on dose rates or human safety for use against Covid-19. Ivermectin, alone and in combination with other actives remains a valuable resource for managing a variety of parasitic conditions in animals, such that these products are clearly indicated and labelled for animal use only.”

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
Ivermectin has been mentioned several times in the media here. But lacking is the specific dosage and frequency of taking the drug. You would need to find a doctor that uses this treatment and go from there. As a preventative again same problem, no dosage and frequency info readily available from reliable sources.
I was taking as per the Doctors instructions one 6mg Ivermectin twice daily for 5 days ; also recommended to take if I am planning to travel to Canada . Start a day before I go and until the trip is over and I go to Isolation..... also carry extras for future use if necessary.
Not a controlled drug so quite legal to carry. Yes it works.
Also found out via CT Scan that my Lung disease is about 5 times what I thought it was.... but good to know, I can now manage my life accordingly...

Status
Not open for further replies.