More Ladrones

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
OK, so after being robeed recently, the drama hasn't subsided. A few days after the robbery my novia called my cell and said a guy was in the apartment building. I came quickly and saw a a guy walkingaway from the building but didn't see him leave. He looked nervous when he saw me walking towards him with a beer bottle in hand.

A few more nights there have been ladrones on the roofs. The italians on the 3rd floor had a ladrone trying to get in the balcony entrance the other night as well.

Last night was the doozy. About 4 am I hear guys in the street yelling. They are buzzing the door and yelling for me to let them in as they are cops. There was no way to tell if they were cops, so obviously I didn't let them in.

They kept yelling that there were 4 ladrones on the roof etc. At one point a car came down the block and these guys took off, leading me to think they weren't cops.

Then there were people in the street yealling at me some more and 2 cops came on a moto and they all took off again. Cops had pistols drawn and chased one guy down. They brought him back and threw him up against a car and cuffed him. After a few punches to the face the guy was down on the ground in pretty bad shape. The cops took him away on a motor.

After that there seemed to be more angry people in the street. It was hard to tell if they were neighbors, tigres or whatever. I refused to open the door until a real cop car pulled up. The guys remembered us from previous visits.

They pulled pistols and made sure there was nobody left hanging around etc.

My novia went this morning to file another report as did the italians on the 3rd floor and maybe even the french guys upstairs.

The cops were offered a reward to retrieve my laptop etc.

High drama in the DR. Things look like they are getting much worse down here.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Where the heck do you live? It sounds like it's time to move to a different location...

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
That's exactly what I was thinking.

Here at least you can easily tell who the ladrones are. They wear AMET and PN uniforms.

Tom (aka XR)

Danny W

Bronze
Mar 1, 2003
I seems like everywhere I look at night there is an armed security guard. Is that an option for your building? - D

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Errr, Ken?

That's the Sunni Triangle...hehehe 2 'n' s

Shoot, sounds like the robbers are really brazen. Time for a OO busckshot 12 ga. in the belly??

Damn, never seen anything quite like that...

HB

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Hey Buddy????

rafael said:
OK, so after being robeed recently, the drama hasn't subsided. A few days after the robbery my novia called my cell and said a guy was in the apartment building. I came quickly and saw a a guy walkingaway from the building but didn't see him leave. He looked nervous when he saw me walking towards him with a beer bottle in hand.

A few more nights there have been ladrones on the roofs. The italians on the 3rd floor had a ladrone trying to get in the balcony entrance the other night as well.

Last night was the doozy. About 4 am I hear guys in the street yelling. They are buzzing the door and yelling for me to let them in as they are cops. There was no way to tell if they were cops, so obviously I didn't let them in.

They kept yelling that there were 4 ladrones on the roof etc. At one point a car came down the block and these guys took off, leading me to think they weren't cops.

Then there were people in the street yealling at me some more and 2 cops came on a moto and they all took off again. Cops had pistols drawn and chased one guy down. They brought him back and threw him up against a car and cuffed him. After a few punches to the face the guy was down on the ground in pretty bad shape. The cops took him away on a motor.

After that there seemed to be more angry people in the street. It was hard to tell if they were neighbors, tigres or whatever. I refused to open the door until a real cop car pulled up. The guys remembered us from previous visits.

They pulled pistols and made sure there was nobody left hanging around etc.

My novia went this morning to file another report as did the italians on the 3rd floor and maybe even the french guys upstairs.

The cops were offered a reward to retrieve my laptop etc.

High drama in the DR. Things look like they are getting much worse down here.
Where in God's hell do you live at???. Man, it's time for you to start looking for another location. If you bought that apartment, sell it for Gods' sake. If you refuse to leave, then at least start writing a book about your neighborhood.

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
El Barrio...

Sounds like your neighborhood is turning into a barrio, get out of it while you can!

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
In retrospect it wasn't as bad as we thought. The original guys yelling for us to let them in were security guards from a govt building on the corner. One of those guys actually helped catch the ladron.

The rest of the people yelling turned out to be neighbors etc trying to help. The ladron was from a barrio near the bridge etc.

The problem is in this area all buildings are pretty old. . . . .except this one. . . . .brand new, white paint, looks brand new etc. Sticks out like a sore thumb.

There are 3 apartments with tenants so far. Me, being a gringo, italians in one apartment and a french couple as well. So. . . .new building with foreigners in it, we might as well paint a bulls eye on it. The owner is italian and apparently is not as up on Dominican security as he should have been. They are installing deadbolts, metal doors etc.

I am still leaning toward moving etc. It is a pain to have to keep getting the DSL up and running etc.