More resorts open in Punta Cana: Riu Palace Bavaro reopens

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Riu-Palace-Bavaro-Official-Website-e1594908864462.jpg

Riu Palace Bavaro is the first of the six Riu resorts to reopen the government cleared hotels to get back to business as of 1 July 2020. The hotel is applying all the international protocols for safe operation.

The resort announces it is offering 24-hour RIU service at the 610 rooms in Arena Gorda beach complex. The resort is sprawled out and has four swimming pools in addition to its own beach.

All Riu Palace Bavaro guests will be able to use the recently built Splash Water World water park, located at the RIU resort in Punta Cana. For the youngest members of the family, RIU will also allow access to the water park with water games and slides designed for the enjoyment of the chain’s youngest guests.

Read about it at:RIU

16 July 2020

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

scot_tosh

May 21, 2010
Bahia Principe are giving free medical insurance to try and get guests to travel

scot_tosh

May 21, 2010
No flights from UK to Punta Cana until NOvember at the earliest. USA advising it's citizens against travel to the DR. Who is going to fill the hotels. Maybe domestic tourists can get good deals?

Mcinbrass

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
No flights from UK to Punta Cana until NOvember at the earliest. USA advising it's citizens against travel to the DR. Who is going to fill the hotels. Maybe domestic tourists can get good deals?
What exactly will this new state of emergency mean?

Son of a sailor

Sep 30, 2019
i wish them luck, but i remember the media circus when a string US tourist died, i can just imagine the frenzy of people returning with the Chinese flu.

scot_tosh

May 21, 2010
i wish them luck, but i remember the media circus when a string US tourist died, i can just imagine the frenzy of people returning with the Chinese flu.
I think it would be wise to wait a bit, It would be a disaster if they have the shut the tourism down again, they are usually not that busy at this time of year and hopefully the busy winter period will be a success. Are the only opening the Bavaro hotel for the time being?

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Who would want to do that on vacation. They might as well stay closed.
I stopped going to AI's 10 years ago. Quite frankly masks and gloves should have been in use then. Eight of of 10 people would start eating their food as they leave the buffet on the way to their table. There is nothing sanitary about hundreds of people hovering over the food. Those that did it without a mask will still be going back for 14 meals a day. . . ALL INCLUSIVE.

Reactions: aarhus

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
I stopped going to AI's 10 years ago. Quite frankly masks and gloves should have been in use then. Eight of of 10 people would start eating their food as they leave the buffet on the way to their table. There is nothing sanitary about hundreds of people hovering over the food. Those that did it without a mask will still be going back for 14 meals a day. . . ALL INCLUSIVE.
And after a few days all the food tastes the same. They really need to look closely at this business model. I was saying that already around the “Mini bar” crisis.

scot_tosh

May 21, 2010
And after a few days all the food tastes the same. They really need to look closely at this business model. I was saying that already around the “Mini bar” crisis.
The DR and Mexico are built for that model, do you think it can change ?

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com

I think they have their place. If you want a couple of days to do absolutely nothing, they're for you. I can handle 4 days max, then I get antsy. We're thinking about going to Hard Rock next weekend.

Reactions: Africaida