Moscow tribute to Dominican independence day

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Moscow-1024x718.png
Novy Arbat Avenue in Moscow on 27 February 2023

Novy Arbat Avenue in Moscow was lit up with the Dominican flag on the occasion of 27 February Independence Day. Acento reports that the Ministry of Foreign Relations sent its appreciation to the city government of Moscow for the gesture.

Acento reports that the tribute was an initiative of Moscow’s Department of Foreign Economy and International Relations, which previously had informed the Dominican ambassador to Vladimir Putin’s government, Frank Hans Dannenberg Castellanos.

The Moscow city note states that it “is ready to develop cultural activities, scientific, economic and humanitarian ties” with the Dominican Republic, in addition to “the successful implementation of projects” of bilateral cooperation.

Read more in Spanish:Acento ...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
There was also a place in the Middle East that light up a building in honor of Dominican independence. I would say it was Dubai, but don't quote me on the place.

Reactions: CristoRey

Manuel01

Apr 1, 2009
Wowwwww Deliting all the posts with negative coments against Russia !? Interesting !!! Moderator with an Agenda !!! Come on show some balls and delete us entirely from the site.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
shaking out of fear

Manuel, Manuel……a little respect for the moderators, who volunteer their time, goes a long way here. Enjoy your vacation.

I’d be remiss if I didn’t point out that LaProfe gave you a break by only deleting your post. As indicated in a prior posting I made, getting a post deleted normally means a 2 week ban. That’s the thanks she gets for being kind.

Last edited:

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
There are 29 countries that have their colours as red and white and blue including the USA, Russia and Great Britain and also North Korea. I can see zero evidence in the photo that the clours are for the Dominican Republic... there were large marches last week to celebrate the beginning of The Ukraine offensive and it is more than likely that these lights were there for Russia . The DR has openly given their support to NATO and the USA against Russia and at this stage no Russian flights enter the DR .I would suspect that Acento is on the wrong wave length.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
There are 29 countries that have their colours as red and white and blue including the USA, Russia and Great Britain and also North Korea. I can see zero evidence in the photo that the clours are for the Dominican Republic... there were large marches last week to celebrate the beginning of The Ukraine offensive and it is more than likely that these lights were there for Russia . The DR has openly given their support to NATO and the USA against Russia and at this stage no Russian flights enter the DR .I would suspect that Acento is on the wrong wave length.
The Mocow city government is the one that said it. Acento is just the one reporting it

Joseph NY2STI

Mar 22, 2020
Can Russians still travel to D.R without a visa? When did this kinship between the two countries begin?

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I've been to Moscow, have a few Russian friends and I've never met a Russian I didn't like. No need to bash them. Politics is an ugly sport in any arena.

The fact they are still willing to show solidarity with the Dominican Republic even after the US government forced them to stop allowing direct flights tells me two things. Not only do they understand how America bullies smaller countries into submission, they also value their relationship with the Dominican people.

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
Can Russians still travel to D.R without a visa? When did this kinship between the two countries begin?
How can you actually get to Russia even if you do not need a visa ?? I feel very confident that there is no kinship for Russia from the DR .The DR would not deliberately oppose the USA on such an important issue.

FF1

Dec 17, 2022
DR
I think they can but there are no direct flights anymore because of the US sanctions. The kinship has been there since Russian tourists began coming to DR, and Russian "businessmen" laundering their millions on the island. 😁