Most Dangerous Cities of the World, and guess what?

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
Did you actually READ the post you quoted in its entirety? Did you engage your brain in doing so?

Did I hear no and no?

Another hint for you:
the fact that ANY US city made that list is a shame considering the HUMONGOUS amount of money the US spend both on the justice system AND on 'defence' (in fact 'offence' is a more appropriate term)....

This list does not tell the whole story, for instance are most of the murders in the US cities gang related or drug related. This is my point unless a person have LIVED or visited Detroit, St Loius, or New Orleans do not look at this list as if was the "gospel"

Dominicaus

Oct 4, 2006
Keep thinking San Juan is more dangerous the Santo Domingo.
Who the F- told you that anyone is thinking that?
What the lists says is that by murder rate SJ is 25th in the world, whereas SD is NOT on that list.

If you disagree you may contact the organization that made the list...but provide them with RELIABLE INFORMATION, not just hearsay and anonymous cr*p...then they may perhaps make a change.

Regardless, I suspect that some specific parts of SJ are indeed more dangerous than some specific parts of SD, and that likewise certain specific parts of SD are more dangerous than certain specific parts of SJ.

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
This list does not tell the whole story, for instance are most of the murders in the US cities gang related or drug related. This is my point unless a person have LIVED or visited Detroit, St Loius, or New Orleans do not look at this list as if was the "gospel"

Believe it or not, most murders in most cities on that list are also gang and drugs related.

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
Why generalise?...Some countries look very bad, but others aren't mentioned...Panama is, but CR isn't...Brazil is, but Argentina isn't....Jamaica and PR are, but the DR and most islands aren't...

How does the US look? The ABSOUTE WORST, by FAR...why?
Can you guess?
OK, I'll give you a hint...

Budget...

Get it?

Want another hint?

Military...

Get it?

I know, I know...poor USA has to 'protect' the entire planet....with all that money spent on 'protecting' everybody else, not enough money is left for protecting US citizens (from other US citizens)....But hey, they do spend lots of money in counter-terrorism....chances are next time several small teams of terrorists try to take over planes in different airports to use them as weapon to MURDER thousands of US citizens, at least ONE of the small teams is caught...credit where credit is due...

Cities ranked by murder rate per dollar spent by their country on the justice system...that is a list that is needed...Cities ranked by murder rate per dollar spent on 'defence' by their country is unnecessary...too easy to guess the cities.

Using 911 was not necessary. What does it has to due with murders in US cities? The cities I believe were Detroit, St Louis, Baltimore, and New Orleans. Please tell me what 911 has to due with murders in these cities?

These cities have large drug problem and gang problem PERIOD!!! If you live in a certain barrio you are more likely the victim of a shooting, but this does not reflect the entire city.

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
Believe it or not, most murders in most cities on that list are also gang and drugs related.

Have you ever heard a person say " I am not moving to Chicago, LA, NYC or D.C. because of the gang problem or drug problem? You can't compare the gang problem in Chicago to the problem in Guatemala City with Mara 18 they run that city.

No matter what you read or hear no street gang in the US run any city.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Did you actually READ the post you quoted in its entirety? Did you engage your brain in doing so?

Did I hear no and no?

Another hint for you:
the fact that ANY US city made that list is a shame considering the HUMONGOUS amount of money the US spend both on the justice system AND on 'defence' (in fact 'offence' is a more appropriate term)....

I did, and you are an arguement looking for a place to happen.

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
I have been to several of the cities on the list and I must say that in all the cities I felt more safe than in SDTO. Never had any problems in those cities but have been attacked twice in STDO in broad daylight.
The problem here is that there's crime all over, the cities that I've visited crime was concentrated to the slums where you have the gangs and poverty. Go figure

pelaut

Bronze
Aug 5, 2007
www.ThornlessPath.com
Murder rates are 'official' murder statistics divided by "official" population statistics.
For the DR, as well as many developing countries, replace the word 'official' with "BS".
GIGO. Garbage in, garbage out.

Dominicaus

Oct 4, 2006
I have been to several of the cities on the list and I must say that in all the cities I felt more safe than in SDTO. Never had any problems in those cities but have been attacked twice in STDO in broad daylight.
The problem here is that there's crime all over, the cities that I've visited crime was concentrated to the slums where you have the gangs and poverty. Go figure
You can 'feel' safe or unsafe for whatever reasons... once again you people seem to have a huge propensity to reach conclusions based on "anecdotal evidence", which even if corroborated is not the right way....To reach conclusions especially while comparing localities you need actual hard evidence collected by professionals...your personal experience may have been atypical...you may have been lucky in certain cities and unlucky in SD...
The way to compare cities/countries in any respect is through hard evidence collected by professionals, as opposed to anecdotes (accurate or not), hearsay, and anonymous BB cr*p.

JohnnyBoy

Bronze
Jun 17, 2012
Dom you need to change your meds. You would argue with the rain for being wet. For the love of God go out and have some fun.

Dominicaus

Oct 4, 2006
Murder rates are 'official' murder statistics divided by "official" population statistics.
For the DR, as well as many developing countries, replace the word 'official' with "BS".
Who the F told you that there aren't reliable statistics about the DR or developing countries?
You told yourself? Are we supposed to believe it because YOU say so?
And since a lot of the cities mentioned are also in developing countries that wouldn't give any particular advantage to the DR.

But I know, I know...is a bit of positive news about the DR...you need to find some way of dumping yourself on it, right?

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Why generalise?...Some countries look very bad, but others aren't mentioned...Panama is, but CR isn't...Brazil is, but Argentina isn't....Jamaica and PR are, but the DR and most islands aren't...

How does the US look? The ABSOUTE WORST, by FAR...why?
Can you guess?
OK, I'll give you a hint...

Budget...

Get it?

Want another hint?

Military...

Get it?

I know, I know...poor USA has to 'protect' the entire planet....with all that money spent on 'protecting' everybody else, not enough money is left for protecting US citizens (from other US citizens)....But hey, they do spend lots of money in counter-terrorism....chances are next time several small teams of terrorists try to take over planes in different airports to use them as weapon to MURDER thousands of US citizens, at least ONE of the small teams is caught...credit where credit is due...

Cities ranked by murder rate per dollar spent by their country on the justice system...that is a list that is needed...Cities ranked by murder rate per dollar spent on 'defence' by their country is unnecessary...too easy to guess the cities.
Dude, step away from the pipe.

WTF???

You need to get laid badly. Kinda onery all the time, looking for a fight...

It's just ONE person's "opinion" of what the metrics ONE PERSON used to determine what thet ONE PERSON considers "dangerous."

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
You need to get laid badly. Kinda onery all the time, looking for a fight...
THIS IS A FACT!!!!

Who the F told you that there aren't reliable statistics about the DR or developing countries?
You told yourself? Are we supposed to believe it because YOU say so?

Have you ever stopped and read your own posts?

You are giving Dominicans a bad name with your constant mindless argumentative posts, that is not only an opinion, it is a FACT, WHY, because I said so!

Jun 18, 2007
You can 'feel' safe or unsafe for whatever reasons... once again you people seem to have a huge propensity to reach conclusions based on "anecdotal evidence", which even if corroborated is not the right way....To reach conclusions especially while comparing localities you need actual hard evidence collected by professionals...your personal experience may have been atypical...you may have been lucky in certain cities and unlucky in SD...
The way to compare cities/countries in any respect is through hard evidence collected by professionals, as opposed to anecdotes (accurate or not), hearsay, and anonymous BB cr*p.

Professionals as in desk jockeys? Yeah right
Unlucky in SD? Then about 90% of the people I know in the DR are unlucky because all of them are victims of crimes.
Dominimouse, I'm far from being square hence they still talk about me in Los Alcarrizos and haven't been there for 4 years now. I know street life, I have a sixth sense for danger and every time I go to SD my radar starts beeping like crazy

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
I really am suprised Panama City made the list and Santo Domingo did not. I remember I think last year when a Dominican killed like 7 panamanians in Panama and I remember my uncle telling me the people were sick of colombians and other people coming to Panama and committing terrible acts of violence.

Jun 18, 2007
I really am suprised Panama City made the list and Santo Domingo did not. I remember I think last year when a Dominican killed like 7 panamanians in Panama and I remember my uncle telling me the people were sick of colombians and other people coming to Panama and committing terrible acts of violence.

I was surprised also and it was 2 Dominicans killing 5 ChinesePanamanians
Another example of the violence in the DR
Polic?a mata al civil n?mero 7 en menos de 48 horas - listindiario.com

JohnnyBoy

Bronze
Jun 17, 2012
That list is arbitrary. I will say that there are probably a hundred cites less safe or equivalent that are not on the list.

Dominicaus

Oct 4, 2006
That list is arbitrary. I will say that there are probably a hundred cites less safe or equivalent that are not on the list.
Then contact the organization that made the list...but provide them with RELIABLE INFORMATION, not just hearsay and anonymous cr*p...then they may perhaps make changes.

Dominicaus

Oct 4, 2006
Another example of the violence in the DR
Is anyone arguing that there is no violence is the DR?
That is, is anyone arguing that the DR is THE ONE and ONLY country on earth where violence doesn't exist?
If countries with budgets that (even per capita) are massively larger than the DR's have not been able to 'solve' violence, why on earth would the DR?

The only point of this thread is that at least by certain reasonable criterion (murder rate) the DR is in a much better shape than many countries in the world, including many in its general vicinity...
...which does NOT mean that crime does not exist in the DR, or that it couldn't/shouldn't be less frequent...

If you are a citizen of any of the countries with cities on that list, but especially any such country with much more resources for crime fighting than the DR does, then focus your efforts on the direction of YOUR country...