most dangerous street in Santo Domingo?

Apr 10, 2012
Las Terrenas
What's the most dangerous street in Santo Domingo?

I saw a short video on You Tube/shorts but the moderator did not give the name of the street

Liberator

Luck is for the unprepared
Jan 23, 2021
Europe
I think every street can be a dangerous one, depends on the time you hangout there, showing your Iphone14 and a bundle of $ to impress your friends :unsure:

More specific to your question: Street to drive a car, have a drink, by an imitation LV, find company.....?

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
These. They are so dangerous you can't even drive an exotic car, much less wear an expensive watch or dress in exclusive clothes. :unsure:

Reactions: cavok

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast

I saw a short video on You Tube/shorts but the moderator did not give the name of the street

How about linking the YouTube video? Maybe someone will recognize the area.

Like any other city, there are multiple dangerous streets. When I saw your post, Ave. Venezuela popped into my head. Why? No idea. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: NanSanPedro

Liberator

Luck is for the unprepared
Jan 23, 2021
Europe
Av. George Washington (Malecon) 24/7/365. Heartbeat for 80 to 180 in 5 seconds. Cross from one side to the other (and back)

When you succeed crossing in one time:

To make it all exciting; Stop halfway and then wait for your chance to get to the other side

Reactions: Big

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014

Calle (Carretera de) Mendoza in SDE.
When living down there I witnessed (or the immediate aftermath) five robberies and four of them were in broad daylight.
I never had any issues while living down there but that area moves way too fast for me.

While reading the other comments I see yall taking about driving...
too funny.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I always wondered where the mini Eiffel tower went when they moved it.

Lucifer

Silver
Jun 26, 2012

Was it "La 42 de Capotillo"?

In addition to being the epicenter of la música Urbana in the D.R., it is also very dangerous: all manner of drugs, gangs...

Reactions: Seamonkey

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
Calle (Carretera de) Mendoza in SDE.
When living down there I witnessed (or the immediate aftermath) five robberies and four of them were in broad daylight.
I never had any issues while living down there but that area moves way too fast for me.

While reading the other comments I see yall taking about driving...
too funny.
The ghettos on the Ozama are far worse. The names escape me. Mendoza is highly transited.

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
I am pretty sure streets in Capotillo, some in Cristo Rey, Villa Mella, Tres Brazos, etc...

rey

Jan 2, 2007
It seems like Santo Domingo ESTE has about 80% of the so call “ baddest streets” according to this thread … but if I go according to my Doorman at my TORRE he seems to thinks SDE it’s a place / area of Santo Domingo where the film MAD MAX was inspire on …. And I swear those were his own words 😂

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
I always wondered where the mini Eiffel tower went when they moved it.
That's not that Eiffel Tower. The one you're talking about is in a park in Santo Domingo Oeste Las Caobas neighborhood. Unlike Paris, Greater SD has two (that I know of). lol

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
@JD Jones

The one in the video.
IMG_9250.jpeg

The one you're referring to that was near Plaza de la Bandera and then got moved here.
IMG_9251.jpeg

SD being SD, who knows if there are others somewhere. lol

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: JD Jones

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Many neighborhoods and streets are pretty safe during the 8 am- 5 pm time period, but not after that. I have been in San Carlos, Villa Juana...etc many times during the day. Never felt unsafe.

Los Alcarrizos Felt unsafe even during the day.​

MiamiDRGuy

Bronze
May 19, 2013
Beware: Every street is not safe anywhere in the world, even middle of nowhere. NOTHING is safe.
You've been warned.