most effective thing to get rid of sucking lice/ other insects in....CAT

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Piojos are lice, garrapatas are ticks, and pulgas are fleas.

Chinches

Nasty bedbugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nasty.jpg

Aug 6, 2006
They are no fun, either.
A hostel I once stayed in in Buenos Aires got some particularly vicious Australian chinche infestation and they had to close the place down, fumigate it and boil all the linens.

robbiee

Bronze
Dec 27, 2014
www.dominicanfun.net
:) she is not homeless. it is a dominican style cat, which means that she was born here, her mother was killed by human like maybe one week after she was born, and she is the only one who survived from 6 kitties.
so when her mother was killed the other Dominican started to feed her from bottle...and now she lives here.
and she does hang out outside a lot, as the weather is nice and she is free to go :)
but usually comes to eat to our building or the building in front of ours. and yeah, she also likes to hang out a lot in my room :smoke::smoke:
taking care of a little homeless turd? i know how it feels. i suggest you give that cat a nice bath before you put any more polvo on it. but frontline is really a worthy investment if the cat hangs around a lot. i treated all our cats and necio, the not so homeless cat who felt human warmth and now tends to spend most of his time here. i still claim he is not our cat, thou.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
:) she is not homeless. it is a dominican style cat, which means that she was born here, her mother was killed by human like maybe one week after she was born, and she is the only one who survived from 6 kitties.
so when her mother was killed the other Dominican started to feed her from bottle...and now she lives here.
and she does hang out outside a lot, as the weather is nice and she is free to go :)
but usually comes to eat to our building or the building in front of ours. and yeah, she also likes to hang out a lot in my room :smoke::smoke:

face it
she love you

get her the Front line

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
What is the best that works here ?
I bought some powder from Bayer, used it two times so far (every 2 days), but it doesnt seem to work 100 %.
cat still has lice and its suborder - "mallophaga".

is some shampoo better ? :) oh and cat is young, is 4 months old.

I would take the cat to a vet to clear up the problem and see what he recommends for long term. You may need a flea and tick collar. Not sure if that works on lice.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
I second the vet idea by LTSteve. A vet should be able to dunk your feline in a flea/tick bath that will work very quickly and completely to get you back to a bug free cat. Then it's probably a good idea to use a parasite collar/Advantix as a preventative measure.

Pets are an expense and sometimes an inconvenience. Do yourself a favor and quickly treat your object of concern for adults, juveiles and eggs. Often powders/shampoos alone do not affect eggs and a treatment regiment needs to be maintained for long periods of time to catch new bugs as they hatch.

Aug 6, 2006
Indoor cats, they claim, live three times longer than outdoor ones. My sister had one that lived to be 19.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
It goes without saying that indoor cats live longer because they don't face the dangers that exist outside. Unfortunately outdoor cats that stumble through my yard when I'm not paying attention have a life expectancy measured in minutes if the dogs see them, less if they try to cross a road with heavy vehicle traffic. There are mucho hazards that wandering pets face that indoor pets rarely encounter.

robbiee

Bronze
Dec 27, 2014
www.dominicanfun.net
update: it seems that this powder from Bayer works..used it 3 times as for now and I see no lice walking on my cat...so far
but it looks like that I will have to use it every few days, so probably it is better to buy somthing like frontline