Most important change for your bubble of DR?

robbie

Bronze
Aug 3, 2006
Garbage

The garbage. It never ceases to amaze me how many plastic bags I get
for a few groceries. I use them as garbage bags but so many end up anywhere and everywhere along with bottles and styrofoam, which never
breaks down. Could you imagine how many people would be picking up bottles and styrofoam if even 1 peso was offered per piece for recycling?

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
What "ANNIE" Said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She has it down to a "T"!!!!
Should give her the "I GOT IT RIGHT!" AWARD!

I guess not every one on DR1 has it all wrong!

THANK YOU ANNIE!!!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

wrecksum

Bronze
Sep 27, 2010
What to change?

1000 watt sound-system amplifiers should self-destruct above quarter power and destroy all the speakers nearby.

ccarabella

Feb 5, 2002
Wow Annie, It's as if you spoke my unspoken words.
My friends tell me I'm not in the states and that I can?t change the world. Sigh!

Education is key. I believe it will help solve the majority of the problems.

I'll have to mention - Los "Dominican Yols" that come here to show off what they really don?t have.
It really ticks me off to know that so many of these folks are on some sort of public assistance in the USA.
Jeez- I work for what I have!
One neighbor lives in a nice 3/2 house across from the neighborhood park. She lives comfortably by Dominican
standards (internet, 24elec, 2lcd's, modern appliances). Turns out her beau (18years her senior) pays for it all.
The guy is 55 and on disability (except that he parties, drinks & dances). He has a section 8 apartment that he sublets for $1200.
He gets $200 in food stamps cashed into US dollars at the local "bodega" and travels to the US for his Dr's appointments and the such. He drives a 2007 Murano and treats his friends to JW black label. Typical!
When I hear/see these folks I can?t help but feel disgusted & actually sorry for them -no sense of worth-.
I hate it for my neighbor because she seems like an ok person but I just don?t want to associate with her other half's type.

steelmet

Jun 21, 2007
My 2 cents........... what i see alot...........mopeds with the husband driving (crazy of course) with his woman on the back and a baby inbetween the two in her arms. Thats just nuts... oh as well as what others said GARBAGE Nothing like looking at a pretty green field and then seeing tons of garbage. as well as in the water

Wirelesspimp

Apr 17, 2011
Great Doctors, but you gotta do your homework!!!

I completely agree with you. But as with anything, you need to do your homework and get references. Just like in any country in the world.

Goll

Mar 10, 2009
Something simple: real fruit juice from local suppliers instead of the Californian concentrates.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Wow Annie, It's as if you spoke my unspoken words.
My friends tell me I'm not in the states and that I can’t change the world. Sigh!

Education is key. I believe it will help solve the majority of the problems.

I'll have to mention - Los "Dominican Yols" that come here to show off what they really don’t have.
It really ticks me off to know that so many of these folks are on some sort of public assistance in the USA.
Jeez- I work for what I have!
One neighbor lives in a nice 3/2 house across from the neighborhood park. She lives comfortably by Dominican
standards (internet, 24elec, 2lcd's, modern appliances). Turns out her beau (18years her senior) pays for it all.
The guy is 55 and on disability (except that he parties, drinks & dances). He has a section 8 apartment that he sublets for $1200.
He gets $200 in food stamps cashed into US dollars at the local "bodega" and travels to the US for his Dr's appointments and the such. He drives a 2007 Murano and treats his friends to JW black label. Typical!
When I hear/see these folks I can’t help but feel disgusted & actually sorry for them -no sense of worth-.
I hate it for my neighbor because she seems like an ok person but I just don’t want to associate with her other half's type.

Report Fraud - Residents' Corner - New York City Housing Authority
or
http://portal.hud.gov/hudportal/HUD...indian_housing/programs/ph/rhiip/uivreporting

Turn him in.. please

what a lousy creep

La Mariposa

Bronze
Jun 4, 2004
My 2 cents........... what i see alot...........mopeds with the husband driving (crazy of course) with his woman on the back and a baby inbetween the two in her arms. Thats just nuts... oh as well as what others said GARBAGE Nothing like looking at a pretty green field and then seeing tons of garbage. as well as in the water

Have a better look next time and you will see 2 more children squeezed between the man and his woman. Nuts yes.... you are right.

InsanelyOne

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
I certainly agree with the earlier comments about garbage. The open field outside my balcony is used as a trash dump :(

However, I feel my biggest disappointment and the thing I wish could change is the lack of trust I feel here. I've met some very nice people but somehow I just don't feel I can trust anybody. It's not a nice feeling.