Most parents want their children back in school

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019

A poll carried out nationwide by Business Action for Education (Educa) reveals that 59.53% of parents back the full or partial return to classrooms, complying with health protocols. Only 40.47% responded: “No, I prefer that they do not return to the classrooms.”

Parents of private schools (pre-school through high school) have led the national campaign for a return to classes. Yet, the Educa poll reveals that the parents of the poor are those most in favor of their children returning to in-person learning. Only 30% of parents of children in public schools reject that their children return to school. Parents with low education themselves do not feel adequate to help their children to gain from the distance learning programs.

The Ministry of Education has not indicated the guidelines for returning to school. Likewise, the Dominican Association of Public School...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Our private school caters mainly to the working poor. Yes, a good percentage of our clients are willing to put their children back in classrooms, in fact most are pretty close to demanding it. Right now we are doing one to one tutoring in our house, lower level not occupied, but that is limited to around 12 children at a time and only for kinder to grade one, with a few learning disability children from grade two and three. All the rest are doing distance learning. Many parents are willing to pay more for their children to get one on one tutoring but as my wife explains, money is not the issue, government rules and safety are the issues. We fortunately once the government gives the go ahead , have the room and hygienic capabilities to operate.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
Certainly that is part of it. When you have two working parents, or a single mom that has to work they want their children in a safe place.

Also Social Interactions with other children -and other adults other than relatives- is important for young children.
Learning at home is different then learning in school (and I say that as a parent who has access to the latest technology, fast internet and can help my children in any subject).

Reactions: La Profe_1