Motoconcho killed in Cabarete

wuarhat

I am a out of touch hippie.
Nov 13, 2006
the mortality rate is among the highest in the world. these guys are among the worst drivers on the planet. they are indisciplined, disorderly, and dangerous.

how does any of that translate to a conclusion that their lives are only worth 500 pesos?

Based on those driving habits that appears to be in the ballpark of where they value their own lives.

james

Jan 14, 2002
I must be missing something but I saw nowhere where it states the driver of the car was drunk. The only mention of someone driving drunk was a reference to a friend of someone who hit someone while driving drunk. There was no reference in the Detras del Rumor item either. If I missed something please correct me.

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
I must be missing something but I saw nowhere where it states the driver of the car was drunk. The only mention of someone driving drunk was a reference to a friend of someone who hit someone while driving drunk. There was no reference in the Detras del Rumor item either. If I missed something please correct me.

You're absolutely correct, but the accident happened at 3:00am in the morning after the bars closed, and the guy who hit the motoconcho at a very high rate of speed in front of Banco Santa Cruz was not on his way to church, and apparently, according to eye witnesses--one of which includes Yukon Phil--seemed drunk. That was not reported in the paper.

But barring that, given what little we know from the paper...driver hits motoconcho at 3:00am at a very high rate of speed--severing either the leg or arm of the motoconcho driver (you can see that in the picture) and then crashing into the wall in front of Banco Santo Cruz--and destroying it (It's still laying on its side)--what would you venture to guess...drinking coffee, tea, or alcohol at 3:00am?

I don't know about you, but i'm going with alcohol.

Frank

wuarhat

Nov 13, 2006
The man was killed by a drunk expat so whose driving habits are you talking about?
the mortality rate is among the highest in the world. these guys are among the worst drivers on the planet. they are indisciplined, disorderly, and dangerous.

how does any of that translate to a conclusion that their lives are only worth 500 pesos?
Based on those driving habits that appears to be in the ballpark of where they value their own lives.
Do I have to read the post to you personally? Pay particular attention to the emboldened letters in red for the answer to your question.

bilko

Aug 5, 2011
Do I have to read the post to you personally? Pay particular attention to the emboldened letters in red for the answer to your question.

No thanks I would rather not meet you personally, however the thread is about a local man being killed
by an expat and not a thread about "these guys ......". BTW 30 - 40% of traffic deaths worldwide are
caused by drunk drivers.

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
I came upon that accident scene that Saturday night and it was pretty horrible. My girlfriend saw a dead guy in the car but I was focussed on the guy in the street. The car looked like it hit another car or wall, but I figured the guy laying in the street had to be a motoconcho. My girlfriend said the dead guy in the car still had his hands on the steering wheel. We got there about 5 or 10 mins after it happened, a crowd was just starting to form.

I came upon that accident scene that Saturday night and it was pretty horrible. My girlfriend saw a dead guy in the car but I was focussed on the guy in the street. The car looked like it hit another car or wall, but I figured the guy laying in the street had to be a motoconcho. My girlfriend said the dead guy in the car still had his hands on the steering wheel. We got there about 5 or 10 mins after it happened, a crowd was just starting to form.

So the guy that was driving died as well? I thought the only person who died was the motoconcho?! Brutal. RIP!

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
I don't think it's true that the car driver died. I heard he was having to pay for the motoconchista's kids until they are 18 years old.

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
I didnt' see a dead guy in the car myself, my gf said she saw a dead body in the car. It wouldn't be the first time she sees things that dont exist. LOL.

wrecksum

Bronze
Sep 27, 2010
No thanks I would rather not meet you personally, however the thread is about a local man being killed
by an expat and not a thread about "these guys ......". BTW 30 - 40% of traffic deaths worldwide are
caused by drunk drivers.

BTW,

78.325% of statistics are made up.

The rest are just wrong..........

wuarhat

Nov 13, 2006
however the thread is about a local man being killed
by an expat and not a thread about "these guys ......".

My post, the one which you asked the question about was obviously about "these guys".