Jan 16, 2009
My understanding is -
The extension 'legitimizes' your time... whereas paying on exit does noes not
Prepaying/Extending - you are 'on the record' and in status
The exit pay does not offer this.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
How's your Spanish? It clearly says extension. Time for you to concede your obvious mistake and move on ;)
Regulations are not necessarily part of the laws. My Spanish is fine. Please find the actual DR law, not a regulation by the Migracion department outside the law like the exit fines, that enables these regulations for paying for additional time and get back to me.

D'Arcy (Apostropheman)

Apr 10, 2022
Here and there
Regulations are not necessarily part of the laws. My Spanish is fine. Please find the actual DR law, not a regulation by the Migracion department outside the law like the exit fines, that enables these regulations for paying for additional time and get back to me.
Nope. It's your invalid point that needs "proving". Who are you to decide that the Gov't website is wrong and that you are right? Ludacris ;)

And with that, I'm done. You seem incapable of a proper discussion so why waste more time. That's rhetorical Mike so no need for any replies LOL :p

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
My understanding is -
The extension 'legitimizes' your time... whereas paying on exit does noes not
Prepaying/Extending - you are 'on the record' and in status
The exit pay does not offer this.
Correct. Another extra legal work around, like the exit fines, but "better". As I mentioned, I have given up hope the administration will actually enforce the laws as written and/or come up with better ones.

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
Correct. Another extra legal work around, like the exit fines, but "better". As I mentioned, I have given up hope the administration will actually enforce the laws as written and/or come up with better ones.
What would you like to see done? How do you envision the monitoring and penal aspect of illegal aliens? What makes sense in your opinion

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Nope. It's your invalid point that needs "proving". Who are you to decide that the Gov't website is wrong and that you are right? Ludacris ;)

And with that, I'm done. You seem incapable of a proper discussion so why waste more time. That's rhetorical Mike so no need for any replies LOL :p
Find the law and get back to me. I cannot prove something that does not exist, but you can prove the exit fines are part of DR law if you do find that clause in the law. Your logic is flawed, which is why cannot carry on correct discussion.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
What would you like to see done? How do you envision the monitoring and penal aspect of illegal aliens? What makes sense in your opinion
1) Get rid of the extra legal overstay fines that the PLD came up with. Overstay a tourist card and face being banned from re-entry

2) Create an easy to arrange 6 month snowbird visa. Allow snowbirds to drive legally for 6 months as well. Violate the 6 months and you are barred from re-entry, either permanently for people that violate it more than once or for a period of time like a few years for the first offense. This visa does not allow one to work in the DR.

3) Some might suggest changes in making legal residency a bit easier. I have no opinion on that issue.

Both of the above would need changes to DR laws, probably as far as needing constitutional amendments.

As far as monitoring illegal aliens that are already here:

1) Businesses should be monitored for following existing laws when they hire people so they get fined if they hire illegals and those illegals working are deported.
2) Intrant/Digesett (or whatever they are called at the moment) could actually enforce driving laws, like the one regarding the new motorcycle license requirements as well a when illegal aliens drive any vehicle with invalid licenses since they have been in the country too long for them to be valid.

That would be a start. I would be difficult to catch those simply staying forever under the radar. Any suggestions on how to do that are appreciated

El Hijo de Manolo

Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
1) Get rid of the extra legal overstay fines that the PLD came up with. Overstay a tourist card and face being banned from re-entry

2) Create an easy to arrange 6 month snowbird visa. Allow snowbirds to drive legally for 6 months as well. Violate the 6 months and you are barred from re-entry, either permanently for people that violate it more than once or for a period of time like a few years for the first offense. This visa does not allow one to work in the DR.

3) Some might suggest changes in making legal residency a bit easier. I have no opinion on that issue.

Both of the above would need changes to DR laws, probably as far as needing constitutional amendments.

As far as monitoring illegal aliens that are already here:

1) Businesses should be monitored for following existing laws when they hire people so they get fined if they hire illegals and those illegals working are deported.
2) Intrant/Digesett (or whatever they are called at the moment) could actually enforce driving laws, like the one regarding the new motorcycle license requirements as well a when illegal aliens drive any vehicle with invalid licenses since they have been in the country too long for them to be valid.

That would be a start. I would be difficult to catch those simply staying forever under the radar. Any suggestions on how to do that are appreciated
Well, you could always use a monitorial device.

Do you have a target demographic in mind? What demographic do you feel needs to be banned or penalized? A simple overstayer like a dope smoking surfer, a guy with property or some other assets that contributes to the economy, criminals, ugly people, people that you don't like? Who's bothering this place so much that we need to crucify them, ban them etc. What about those with family, children etc? Is there some negative economic effect of these folks that they need to be gone? I'm just curious of this, pardon my French, hard on you have for these people.

D'Arcy (Apostropheman)

Apr 10, 2022
Here and there
Why some here are so hell-bent on persecuting others is sad commentary on them. Get a life, a new hobby. One that does not interfere in the lives of others. Arguing the semantics of rules and laws that don't even affect you is petty beyond belief.

Perhaps ignoring those that cannot live and let live, the petty, the pointlessly repetitive and accusatory, those incapable of conversations with differences of opinion, without stooping to character assassination and lies.

It may slow down some threads but it would make this a much more enjoyable place to hang out. That's the new plan, my plan at least. It's going to get lonely for some but it will be lovely for the rest of us ;)

Reactions: drstock

D'Arcy (Apostropheman)

Apr 10, 2022
Here and there
Some people cannot handle the freedom in the DR and lack of the "Police State" mentality where they resided previously..........
They're often also bored and frustrated with their lives and determined to make others pay. That's a pretty sh!tty way of living, but if that's all they've got, and no will to change, what are we left to do when reasoning fails but ignore them.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Well, you could always use a monitorial device.

Do you have a target demographic in mind? What demographic do you feel needs to be banned or penalized? A simple overstayer like a dope smoking surfer, a guy with property or some other assets that contributes to the economy, criminals, ugly people, people that you don't like? Who's bothering this place so much that we need to crucify them, ban them etc. What about those with family, children etc? Is there some negative economic effect of these folks that they need to be gone? I'm just curious of this, pardon my French, hard on you have for these people.
People that overstay are the "demographic". People that break the laws are the "demographic".
Enforce the laws as written for everyone equally. All illegals should be treated the same.

Why is it that you want special treatment for some people?
Attractive gringos with a lot of money should be able to stay illegally forever?
Why is it you think it is alright for people to ignore the DR's laws and suffer no penalty?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Why some here are so hell-bent on persecuting others is sad commentary on them. Get a life, a new hobby. One that does not interfere in the lives of others. Arguing the semantics of rules and laws that don't even affect you is petty beyond belief.

Perhaps ignoring those that cannot live and let live, the petty, the pointlessly repetitive and accusatory, those incapable of conversations with differences of opinion, without stooping to character assassination and lies.

It may slow down some threads but it would make this a much more enjoyable place to hang out. That's the new plan, my plan at least. It's going to get lonely for some but it will be lovely for the rest of us ;)
Living with one's head in the sand is obviously fine for you. Carry on.

El Hijo de Manolo

Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
People that overstay are the "demographic". People that break the laws are the "demographic".
Enforce the laws as written for everyone equally. All illegals should be treated the same.

Why is it that you want special treatment for some people?
Attractive gringos with a lot of money should be able to stay illegally forever?
Why is it you think it is alright for people to ignore the DR's laws and suffer no penalty?
I'm going to leave this here. good luck with your chip old boy!

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
Here you go

Attachments

• 26AFB71F-E2ED-4B41-B679-D4E8CCE0E930.jpeg
    26AFB71F-E2ED-4B41-B679-D4E8CCE0E930.jpeg
    29.5 KB · Views: 13
  • Haha
Reactions: JD Jones

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
Goes in conjunction with:

Attachments

• B7F4201A-C6F3-401A-A4F3-08600A1927E9.jpeg
    B7F4201A-C6F3-401A-A4F3-08600A1927E9.jpeg
    79.7 KB · Views: 6
  • Haha
Reactions: cavok

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
To try and tell people there is no difference in the eyes of the law between an illegal and a resident is ludicrous...

Note the spelling of 'ludicrous'....

Not worth my finger energy

Reactions: windeguy