Motorcycle Registration

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Just in the past couple of years the DR has announced no Tower Lights on cars (still see plenty), no big bumper bars on vehicles - no one removed them, no strobe lights - still see plenty.
This will become the next ignored pages in the regulation book.
Iim sure many can remember previous New rules long since ignored

Apr 10, 2012
Las Terrenas
They will never enforce it. Digesett are Paper Tigers.
No helmet, no lights, a strobe headlight, no papers, no problem.
Intentionally running red lights - "I See Nothing" - everyone in Digesett is Sgt. Schultz.
Insurance? - now that's funny...

totally agree -
In Las Terrenas they might have a couple of registration roadblocks set up, then after a while, everything will be back to "normal." No registration, no helmets, no exhausts, 6 people on a motorbike, filled propane tanks on a motorbike, etc

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I spoke with two moto drivers today and, sure enough, a big QRC code on the back of the helmet along with the numbers. I asked and, they said if you scan it, you can see their name and address. Seems like somewhat of an invasion of privacy to me.

Reactions: NanSanPedro

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
I spoke with two moto drivers today and, sure enough, a big QRC code on the back of the helmet along with the numbers. I asked and, they said if you scan it, you can see their name and address. Seems like somewhat of an invasion of privacy to me.
Well it has your PI on the license as well. I don't see the difference. I do think on the helmet is a silly idea. I wonder if they can get my vaxx details into that helmet QR.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Well it has your PI on the license as well. I don't see the difference. I do think on the helmet is a silly idea. I wonder if they can get my vaxx details into that helmet QR.

Think about it. Before they could pull you over on a bike and not have an idea who it belongs to. Now they can scan the plates and the helmet sticker and know immediately who you are and who the bike you're riding belongs to.

If you're missing stickers, it gets picked up until you can clear things up. I think it's a great idea myself.

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
Think about it. Before they could pull you over on a bike and not have an idea who it belongs to. Now they can scan the plates and the helmet sticker and know immediately who you are and who the bike you're riding belongs to.

If you're missing stickers, it gets picked up until you can clear things up. I think it's a great idea myself.
The helmet so i have 5. Still makes no sense. It should all be on the license. You take your license to DMV and scan in the bike data. The helmet seems like it could go anyhere - why attach an article of clothing to a bike? Or any other asset. I don't predict success

Birdman

Jan 29, 2013
I can't scan my code. It takes me to the Intrant web page and says I do not have access.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
From another forum on the DR from a lawyer regarding how different forms of residency will now be able to have a cedula that previously did not, but the agencies are not yet caught up to this detail. The cedula will allow those types of legal residents to register and license their motorcycles and legally drive them with the correct license if they pass the tests, Note: we are talking most about Haitians and Venezuelans here:

Here is what Lishali (Lily) Baez sent me:
There is a new resolution April 2022, RT2 through RT9 will now have a cedula, it's approved but not happening yet because the Immigration Department needs to upgrade their system to implement cedula number along with the residency number. RT-2 are workers in a DR company registered as investors with a lower investment, RT-7 dependent of RT-3 which is a Work permit. RT 9 is ordinary temporary residency. RT4 is for religious person. Not sure who receives RT5 and RT6, I'm asking. All of the above had permits from the Immigration Department, but did not have cedulas, which makes their local activities a nightmare because everyone wants/needs a cedula, now they are all having a cedula
RT5 political asylum and RT6 refugees - on the list but currently not being used.
- @planner

I suspect the above information explains why some Haitians and Venezuelans are having problems with the current moto registration and licensing scheme because DGM is not up to date - and they don't have cedulas.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016

And a moto shared by a couple family members - How many helmet stickers can be obtained for the same moto ?
Or does the wife have to wear the over-sized husband's helmet ?

I see a new venture duplicating helmet stickers

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
And a moto shared by a couple family members - How many helmet stickers can be obtained for the same moto ?
Or does the wife have to wear the over-sized husband's helmet ?

I see a new venture duplicating helmet stickers
That venture probably started before the first official sticker was issued.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
If you have a car driver's license must you have a 2nd one fore motos or a sticker on the back of your car driver's license

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
If you have a car driver's license must you have a 2nd one fore motos or a sticker on the back of your car driver's license
Now to drive a motorcycle legally you must have a separate category license . To drive a car it is a Category 02. A motorcycle requires a category 01 license. I was present when my wife went through the licensing and registration procedure at INTRANT in Puerto Plata to get the 01 license added and register her motorcycle. Now she has one card with both 01 for motorcycles and 02 for automobiles.

Also , no sticker for her helmet was needed nor provided. She was told that was only for people who had only a motorcycle/scooter.
Go figure. That was as clear as mud.

No cedula? No legal license nor legal registration of your motorcycle.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
There is , BTW , a dispute that motorcycles are Registered at DGII, like all vehicles are, and INTRANT should only handle licensing for drivers and not another "vehicel registration" scheme. No idea where that is now in the DR legal system or enforcement.