Motorcycle Registration

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

Sosúa y Cabarete Noticias, por Aneudy Pimentel

·
Comes the second stage of the "Atracó "National" disguised as road order, which is just one of the tools with which PRM and the Luis Abinader achieve the Tax Reform that they tried to introduce and the opposition and the people made them step back.
Starting this Monday, the #Fines will begin for all motorcyclists who did not register.
To this date, about 658 thousand motorcycles have been registered, paying 600 pesos each, this is in excess of 394 million pesos.
With this new stage of fineing "your alive who rides engines without paying the government", they will triple that amount in a matter of days.
God protect us from this abusive and inhuman government of change.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I'm all for anything that contributes to controlling our motorcycle "population" and which also pours money into govt. coffers.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Digesett will just wave at the scoflaws who laugh at them as they drive (with no helmet), let alone helment stickers, around the roadside checks. I've seen it dozens of times - no penalties for giving the middle finger to Digesett

Astucia

Papa de Negrita
Oct 19, 2013
Digesett will just wave at the scoflaws who laugh at them as they drive (with no helmet), let alone helment stickers, around the roadside checks. I've seen it dozens of times - no penalties for giving the middle finger to Digesett
From another post :

I see quite a few moto drivers sporting the new bar-coded sticker on their helmet. Hardly any of them have a placa and I highly doubt they have matriculas and insurance papers (a lot of the bikes/pasolas are old junkers, hand-me-downs, borrowed, stolen, etc etc) Are they buying fake stickers somewhere to avoid spot checks ?

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
From another post :

I see quite a few moto drivers sporting the new bar-coded sticker on their helmet. Hardly any of them have a placa and I highly doubt they have matriculas and insurance papers (a lot of the bikes/pasolas are old junkers, hand-me-downs, borrowed, stolen, etc etc) Are they buying fake stickers somewhere to avoid spot checks ?
Didn't they have to have a license and motorcycle papers to get a sticker?

habi

Oct 17, 2015
No you had to bring your motorbike/scooter, matricula (nobody did care if the paper states your name...), a helmet and your ID. Photo from the moto and matricula, then you had to pay the 600 RD§.
Photo for the licenses was taken and they checked if the information from your ID is still correct then they handed the license together with the licenses out.
Moto in good shape? Who cares!
Can you actually drive? Who cares!
Do you have an insurance? Who cares!
🙈🙈🙈

habi

Oct 17, 2015
Now to drive a motorcycle legally you must have a separate category license . To drive a car it is a Category 02. A motorcycle requires a category 01 license. I was present when my wife went through the licensing and registration procedure at INTRANT in Puerto Plata to get the 01 license added and register her motorcycle. Now she has one card with both 01 for motorcycles and 02 for automobiles.

Also , no sticker for her helmet was needed nor provided. She was told that was only for people who had only a motorcycle/scooter.
Go figure. That was as clear as mud.

No cedula? No legal licensse nor legal registration of your motorcycle.
Interesting! According to the Dominican traffic law is the 01(a) up to 125cc automatically included if you get your drivers license 02...
Wondering if somebody is willing to challenge the Digiset guys if they get stopped with a scooter (less then 125cc) and has the 02 license.... :D

Yes here are the references:

Artículo 9. Condiciones de expedición.

4. Licencia de conducir categoría 02: La obtención de esta categoría implica la
autorización de la categoría 01a.

SECCIÓN II
De las licencias de conducir

a) Licencia categoría 01a. Autoriza para conducir ciclomotores, motocicletas y
passolas hasta 125cc, con una potencia máxima de 11 kw y una relación de
peso/potencia no superior a 0.11 kw/kg. Además, autoriza para conducir triciclos de
motor cuya potencia máxima no exceda de 15 kw. La edad mínima para obtenerla
será de dieciséis (16) años cumplidos.

Astucia

Papa de Negrita
Oct 19, 2013
That's kinda my point. No license and no matricula. But get a sticker ? no problem.

And BTW - where do they get the placa number that the sticker references? They don't have a placa.

• Haha
Reactions: Uzin