Motorcycles with no lights at night!!!

PeteyPablo

Bronze
Apr 30, 2011
Frank ...threathed to burn anyone at the stake if they so much as uttered the unthinkable: Dominicans are a Mammalia hybrid. Fortunately, this gentic trait both enables us, as well as empowers us to see at night without the aid of light.

What this means is that we possess the power, despite all evidence to the contrary (many drive with their brights on...i'll explain that later), we're able to see at night with virtually no aid of artificial illumunation whatsoever... except for the little light that stars or moon provides. Dominicans are an infra-class of mammals....

Oh my god! lol I damn nearly fell out of my chair!!

Last edited:

VJS

Bronze
Sep 19, 2010
If you're going down the highway on a crotch rocket at speeds of more than 55 MPH and spill you're gonna end up at St Pete's doorstep. Whether your brains are enclosed in a bright shiny plastic container or not.

Some stats from MSP - Motorcycle Helmets

Motorcycle crash statistics show that helmets are about 37 percent effective in preventing crash fatalities. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration estimates an unhelmeted rider is 40 percent more likely to suffer a fatal head injury and 15 percent more likely to incur a nonfatal head injury than a helmeted motorcyclist.

Facts

* Head injury is the leading cause of death in motorcycle crashes. (U.S. Department of Transportation/National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, State Legislative Fact Sheet)
* Helmets are estimated to be 37 percent effective in preventing fatal injuries to motorcyclists. (NHTSA Traffic Safety Facts, Motorcycles, 2006)
* Wearing a properly fitted helmet can actually improve the rider's ability to hear by streamlining the head and ear which can deduce wind noise allowing the rider to hear other sounds. (Safe Cycling-Motorcycle Safety Foundation Publication.)
* Helmets prevent eye injuries and distraction from dust, dirt and debris thrown up by other vehicles on the road. (Safe Cycling-Motorcycle Safety Foundation Publication.)

Further, from A Dozen Deadly Motorcycle Safety Myths - Motorcycle Cruiser Magazine:

Myth 4: Helmets Block Your Ability to See or Hear Danger

The thing you learn when you dig into the research is that motorcycle riders who use helmets crash less frequently than those who don't. Maybe that happens because motorcyclists who decide to wear helmets have a better or more realistic attitude about riding. Maybe it's because putting on a helmet is a reminder that what you are about to do can be dangerous and the act of accepting protection puts you in the right mindset. Maybe it's because a helmet provides eye protection and cuts down wind noise so you can actually see and hear better. Maybe its because, by cutting wind pressure and noise, a helmet reduces fatigue. Whatever the reasons, wearing a helmet clearly does not increase a motorcyclist's risk of having an accident and wearing one correlates to reduced likelihood of an accident.

Myth 5: A Helmet Won't Help in Most Crashes

People look at the seemingly low impact speeds used in motorcycle-helmet testing and assume that if you are going faster than that, the helmet will no longer be up to the job. That ignores a few critical facts:

* Most accidents happen at relatively low speeds.
* Most of the impact energy is usually vertical?the distance your head falls until it hits.
* Helmets (or at least helmets that meet DOT standards) perform spectacular life-saving feats at impact speeds far above those used in testing.
* When a helmeted rider suffers a fatal head injury, it frequently doesn't matter, because, to hit hard enough to sustain that fatal injury, he sustained multiple additional fatal injuries to other parts of his body. In other words, the fact that the helmet didn't prevent the head injury was of no consequence.

The numbers clearly say that riders using DOT helmets simply survive crashes more successfully than those without them.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Those,"So Called","news stories,are common in the DR,not true,but common.
They rank up there with,"Business man awakes in ice filled hotel bathtub with kidney missing"!
Dominicans LOVE those kind of "Urban Myths".
I heard that one here,for the first time in 1986.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

donP

Dec 14, 2008
No Myth

Those,"So Called","news stories,are common in the DR,not true,but common.
Well, this "so called news" is also carried on the official page of the National Police:
PN investiga circunstancias en que muri? menor de 5 a?os, cuyo cad?ver fue encontrado la ma?ana de hoy en avanzado estado de putrefacci?n.

So, we have the Dominican police spread "urban myths"?
Yes, but not this one... ;)

I heard that one here,for the first time in 1986.
I see.
With the same names, places and details? :tired:

donP

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Rode lots of "Bikes",all around the globe,with,and without a helmet.
It's a lot more fun without,but you are doing people a disservice if you tell them helmets don't save lives.
I say,"NO Helmet Laws",as long as you sign a waiver to any free medical care!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
The "Policia National" article says that a child's body was found in an advanced state of decomposition.
It says absolutely "NADA" about "eyes",or anything else removed from thee body.
Anyone who lives in the DR HAS HEARD ABOUT THE 'child found with organs removed" urban,and Camo Myth!
yOU ARE PART OFTHAT "myth"!
And let's not forget about the men who show women a perfume in parking garages,when they take a wiff,they pass out and are robbed and raped!
Paaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

xwill

Dec 2, 2011
I just noticed a crazy guy on a bike a few days ago with no lights and a propane tank tied to the back end of the bike at night on a dark road.

xwill

Dec 2, 2011
Most don't "Tie" the tank,they just drive with one hand,while balancing the tank behind them with the other!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

True, but the ones that tie the tank can have an extra hand to hold their beer bottle lol