Moving mattress and stuff back to USA

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I am really glad that you had all this time to give me your opinion.. You and your opinion are :poop:
I was asking about shipping information, not the views of some lunatic on DR1.
and PS.. Not moving to ColOmbia.. Going back to Florida and living a normal life where laws mean something.
Just wanted a very expensive mattress that relieves my back pain in Miami
If you have nothing to add to that, your opinions are not necessary
Tonchi, what are the special features of your mattress? Can you tell us the brand and model?

Apr 10, 2012
Las Terrenas
we got ripped of by a bank as well, Banco Popular in Las Terrenas. I previously reported the incident on this website a few years ago. Even the Chief of Security of Banco Popular was on the side of the teller and Manager of the Branch. Refused to share video content of the transaction. That would have proved our case. I got a lawyer involved but to pursue it in court would be more costly than the money that was swindled.

But moving to Medellín you might find the same type of thievery, my friend.

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
I had an entire ice cream store stolen at 3am in the morning from me and DiCRIM and prosecutor will do nothing, so my issue with the authorities isn't exactly petty theft. I was a cop. I also lived in Sosua for a year. Safety was never an issue for me in DR. Theft, corruption, and all around incompetence by the government and "professionals" is why I am leaving. I dont disagree ColOmbia is less safe, but I am not going out to clubs until 3am. I was in Poblado in May. The food was great and way cheaper. The stores were more fully stocked than a Publix. $5 for a six pack of Miller Lite. $12 for a full rack of the best baby back ribs I have ever had. There wasn't craters in the street every 5 feet.
I agree with you Columbia is way better and way safer than Dominican Republic and the education is way higher the shame here is lack of Education

Tonchi

Nov 17, 2015
Tonchi, what are the special features of your mattress? Can you tell us the brand and model?
Its just ultra soft.. was $3000 in RoomsToGo. The mattress has icomfort sewn into the side.
What happens is my spine will be straight as my butt sinks down into the foam.
When I go to a hotel, I take muscle relaxants after the first couple of days because of the pain when I lay down.

Tonchi

Nov 17, 2015
I agree with you Columbia is way better and way safer than Dominican Republic and the education is way higher the shame here is lack of Education
Decided just to head back to Naples FL,, Got a condo on a canal with direct ocean access boat dock.
I saw one too many stories about gringos being kidnapped.
In November, a Canadian got kidnapped, by another Canadian and his paisa girlfriend. Now thats just crazy. Canadians are now in the Columbian kidnapping business.

Tonchi

Nov 17, 2015
we got ripped of by a bank as well, Banco Popular in Las Terrenas. I previously reported the incident on this website a few years ago. Even the Chief of Security of Banco Popular was on the side of the teller and Manager of the Branch. Refused to share video content of the transaction. That would have proved our case. I got a lawyer involved but to pursue it in court would be more costly than the money that was swindled.

But moving to Medellín you might find the same type of thievery, my friend.
My plan was just to rent for about a year to wait out interest rates.. It would have been simple. just bring clothes, cats and computer.
But now, think its best just to buy a condo in FL now and get back to where laws mean a little

Reactions: windeguy

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
My plan was just to rent for about a year to wait out interest rates.. It would have been simple. just bring clothes, cats and computer.
But now, think its best just to buy a condo in FL now and get back to where laws mean a little
Good luck to you. My being from NY means there is almost a genetic programming to retire to FL.
For me, I hope that never happens that a re-retire there. But you never know. I get to go there way too much as it is.