Moving to Punta Cana, which sectors are best

dalethefarmer

Jan 27, 2014
The really important thing in PC village and Cocatal is clear water and good sewage. Most of the condos in Corticto and Eldorado have very bad water. The place is over built with very few regulations and a few builders drilled to deep and flooded the aqua table with sea water.
That is exactly what our realtor told us, and staying in a condo in the Corales in Bavaro for a week, I can attest to this, the water was awful!

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
Except most people that live in gated country clubs don't play golf. A study was done many years ago, I think it was commissioned by Grupo Metro for the Metro/Los Marlins Country Club in Juan Dolio, and they found that the biggest attraction for people that buy/live in country club real estate are the manicured lawns and landscape of the golf couse. Another plus that people like is that private property usually has the rear towards the golf course guaranteeing two things, a view of the greenery of the course and that view will never be blocked by new construction. Cocotal has a sizable presence of foreigners, but what wasn't obvious to Grupo Metro when they began to develop Los Marlins in the 80's/90's is that the Dominican presence there is overwhelming. In fact, many are from San Pedro de Macoris city who wanted a more "natural" setting than is offered at any top neighborhood in SPM city. Many of them permanently live in Metro. The rest are mostly from Santo Domingo.
I'm not talking about playing golf for the kids . I'm talking about open space for the kids to play kids games like hide and seek....kick a soccer ball ....also i play golf a lot so does my son..... so I guess we are one of the few...... enjoy your day pal

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
One suggestion from 10 years in the area. If you are renting an apt. look closely at the parking area. Do this at about 6AM or earlier. If you see motos there pass. Reason is the hotels around here built some new apts in Cocotal and othe places for staff. So these places look nice, but with 3 or 4 workers sharing one apt. you can bet you will be up late listening to Meringue.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
One suggestion from 10 years in the area. If you are renting an apt. look closely at the parking area. Do this at about 6AM or earlier. If you see motos there pass. Reason is the hotels around here built some new apts in Cocotal and othe places for staff. So these places look nice, but with 3 or 4 workers sharing one apt. you can bet you will be up late listening to Meringue.
and listening to the sounds of roaming Motos til lte night and all day long.

dalethefarmer

Jan 27, 2014
Thanks SKY, we already moved into an apartment in Cocotal and love it so far(it's only been a week). It's fairly quiet and the windows facing the street are surprisingly good at blocking out the noise. Also the tap water doesn't stink, so that's good.

Thanks to all for your suggestions, hopefully this will help someone in the future. Next step is to find a good school that hopefully we can afford.

Reactions: PCMike

PCMike

Aug 30, 2008
Dale, you should like Cocotal. We certainly did. Unfortunately, the house purchase was a wee bit beyond our budget. That being said, we are equally happy in Ciudad La Palma. As for school, we have 2 daughters aged 11 and 8. They have both attended Bavaro Bilingual School and Bavaro Innovation (very close to you). As the tourism market is a shadow of what it should be, we have had to adjust our budget and now our daughters are doing online school. It seems to be working out fine. Once things pick up, they will likely return to Bavaro Innovation.

Reactions: dalethefarmer