Moving to Santo Domingo-what clothing to bring- weather wise

Rose-nc

Jun 20, 2009
Thanks Dragonfly! Is there a breeze from the water in Santo Domingo? Or is it heat plus humidity?

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
What Dominican women wear when the weather is HOT...

dnoing2cjx2.jpg

When the weather is fair:

img1165je4.jpg

When going shopping:

img5477gs9.jpg

Where we use shorts and sandals other than out of the beach territory:

14747098.jpg

Going to college:

picture005q.jpg

A good 75% of your time will be spent inside of a car in traffic:

santodomingocalles2.jpg

Going out to party:

DSC3395.sized.jpg

DSC1357.sized.jpg

It all depends on where you're going and for what...

Think of the same way you dress in the US, but without the flip-flops and shorts...

cejay

Sep 11, 2002
www.decodesigncenter.com
Dang, dragonfly showed it best "the clothing" that is exactly the styles, nice work. Rose-NC You can swim in the water in x-mas time which is nice. I always call my mom and dad where it is freezing in Tennessee "lol lol" to wish them Merry Christmas while at the beach. The summer is hot down there and most if not all apts, condo's and house have wall units A/C no central A/C like here in the states but you will get used to it. Nov and Deco cooler but no different then me in Miami. Just picture South Florida weather and that's what you got in Dominican Republic but I still think it's more humid here in Miami then Santo Domingo!!! lol lol

voleibolchica

Mar 31, 2009
You could pay the "extra baggage" fee and bring all of your clothes.

t'

There's an embargo during the summer that only allows two bags. I'm dealing with the same thing!

Rose - you can buy those "space saver" bags at places like Bed Bath & Beyond. They squeeze the air out and compress the clothes (wrinkle-free) so that you can fit more. My cousin spent two weeks in Japan with just a carry-on using those bags!:bunny:

Rose-nc

Jun 20, 2009
Voleibolchica: Thanks for the space saver idea! That is a fantastic suggestion and I wouldn't have thought of it. Yes, indeed, I will be shopping for them because it is time to pack!