Mu variant. Already in DR

Status
Not open for further replies.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
The old Sonny and Cher song "And The Beat Goes On" comes to mind......and after mu there will be another variant the Covid preachers push.

You can live your life in fear or just live.

Of course act wisely but God has already pre-determined your end date.

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
Yeah, just another thing we are going to have to deal with. Still, some disease's have been conquered (mostly), like TB & polio.

Polio yes. TB is still very prevalent in certain countries, India leads with the largest number of annual infections followed by China, Indonesia, etc. Over one million people died of TB in 2019. WHO is targeting the year 2030 to completely eliminate the TB virus worldwide.

It pops up in countries where people think it’s been eliminated. The cause is the immigration of unvaccinated foreigners. In warm climates, the virus is very persistent.

I still remember the painful scratches the school nurse put on our lower backs when they administered the vaccine.

Reactions: Auryn

Auryn

Apr 22, 2012
TB is not limited to developing countries. When I taught in northern Canada a little over 5 years ago, Grade 4 students still received a bunny stamp on the inside of their forearm. The TB test was postive if the bunny’s nose reacted, where they injected the non- infectious disease. There were always a few students who were positive.
I had a student in my Grade 9 class who tested positive for a more aggressive, mutated variant and could not attend school.
Our world population is growing at such a rapid rate that these disease mutations will just become increasingly difficult to keep track of and treat.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Polio yes. TB is still very prevalent in certain countries, India leads with the largest number of annual infections followed by China, Indonesia, etc. Over one million people died of TB in 2019. WHO is targeting the year 2030 to completely eliminate the TB virus worldwide.

It pops up in countries where people think it’s been eliminated. The cause is the immigration of unvaccinated foreigners. In warm climates, the virus is very persistent.

I still remember the painful scratches the school nurse put on our lower backs when they administered the vaccine.
Indeed it is still in Europe and the US, and new immigrants may be bringing more transmission.
And they still test for it in DR, so it must be something of concern here as well.

Sailor51

Happy to still be here
Oct 30, 2018

Got mine on the right ankle. Had the scar for a long, long time.

Reactions: Ecoman1949

Sailor51

Happy to still be here
Oct 30, 2018
TB is not limited to developing countries. When I taught in northern Canada a little over 5 years ago, Grade 4 students still received a bunny stamp on the inside of their forearm. The TB test was postive if the bunny’s nose reacted, where they injected the non- infectious disease. There were always a few students who were positive.
I had a student in my Grade 9 class who tested positive for a more aggressive, mutated variant and could not attend school.
Our world population is growing at such a rapid rate that these disease mutations will just become increasingly difficult to keep track of and treat.
Yes indeed. Growing population & immagration are prime causes. A friend in the N.W. US said they're having cases there, all from visitors from central america.

Reactions: Auryn

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
The old Sonny and Cher song "And The Beat Goes On" comes to mind......and after mu there will be another variant the Covid preachers push.

You can live your life in fear or just live.

Of course act wisely but God has already pre-determined your end date.
..acting wisely..can extend your expiration date.......

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
..acting wisely..can extend your expiration date.......
Which is why at age 72 and after a recent successful heart procedure, I chose to end my 52 year long love affair with motorcycles. I loved them for their simplicity and the solitude they gave me. A nice ride would always clear my head after a busy day. If I lived in a place like Luperon, I might succumb to temptation and invest in a small moto. No way would I do that if I lived in the Sosua- Puerto Plata corridor.

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
As they say in my country...I would rather be lucky than good..........
That’s the attitude taken by the elderly gentleman who was musing about having sex with a very young woman. When asked if he was worried about dying, he replied,”If she dies, she dies”.

• Wow
Reactions: OldSkool

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
Some say the Haitians in Colombia played a part in spreading the mu variant. Tens of thousands of Haitians that went to South America made their way north to Colombia in order to come to the USA, after the border closings many stayed there, others came back to Haiti and the Dominican Republic.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Indeed it is still in Europe and the US, and new immigrants may be bringing more transmission.
And they still test for it in DR, so it must be something of concern here as well.
Massive immigration from Haiti. It's safe to say the Haitian government doesn't care for its people at all. Look at malaria. It was almost erradicated in the DR except near the border. As anyone knows, malaria infected mosquitos don't stop at the border. Now there are malaria pockets in various parts of the DR again and they go hand in hand with large conglomerations of Haitian immigrants. It turns out that the Haitian government did almost nothing to eliminate malaria in Haiti while the DR was busy erradicating the disease. Malaria risk is in the entirety of Haiti. Hispaniola is now the only island in the Americas with the disease. It has been erradicated in every other island in the Caribbean, from Cuba and Jamaica to St Lucia and Barbadoes.

Same happen with cholera, though that was introduced (mistake) in Haiti by the UN. In a small amount of time it became an islandwide risk. All Dominican airports still have how to prevent cholera papers on the walls. Guess how it made it to the DR. No other island in the Caribbean has cholera, as far as I know.

A few years ago there was an outbreak of polio in Jarabacoa. That was an entirely Dominican outbreak, Haitians had nothing to do with that. However, the Ministry of Public Health quickly sent a team to Jarabacoa to vaccinate for free against polio and keep track of those infected. The outbreak was contained and there is practically no polio risk in the DR. Had it happened in Haiti and I have serious doubts the Haitian government would do anything to contain it. Too much experience of an outbreak that could had been contained only to grow into a nationwide risk.

Look what happen today, the Haitian government rejected the 100,000 anti-Covid vaccines that the Dominican government donated to them. I'm sure all Haitian politicians and their families are already vaccinated. I guess that and the elite is all that matters over there. Anyway, the rejected vaccines are added to the Dominican donation to Guatemala.

Last edited:

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
Massive immigration from Haiti. It's safe to say the Haitian government doesn't care for its people at all. Look at malaria. It was almost erradicated in the DR except near the border. As anyone knows, malaria infected mosquitos don't stop at the border. Now there are malaria pockets in various parts of the DR again and they go hand in hand with large conglomerations of Haitian immigrants. It turns out that the Haitian government did almost nothing to eliminate malaria in Haiti while the DR was busy erradicating the disease. Malaria risk is in the entirety of Haiti. Hispaniola is now the only island in the Americas with the disease. It has been erradicated in every other island in the Caribbean, from Cuba and Jamaica to St Lucia and Barbadoes.

Same happen with cholera, though that was introduced (mistake) in Haiti by the UN. In a small amount of time it became an islandwide risk. All Dominican airports still have how to prevent cholera papers on the walls. Guess how it made it to the DR. No other island in the Caribbean has cholera, as far as I know.

A few years ago there was an outbreak of polio in Jarabacoa. That was an entirely Dominican outbreak, Haitians had nothing to do with that. However, the Ministry of Public Health quickly sent a team to Jarabacoa to vaccinate for free against polio and keep track of those infected. The outbreak was contained and there is practically no polio risk in the DR. Had it happened in Haiti and I have serious doubts the Haitian government would do anything to contain it. Too much experience of an outbreak that could had been contained only to grow into a nationwide risk.

Look what happen today, the Haitian government rejected the 100,000 anti-Covid vaccines that the Dominican government donated to them. I'm sure all Haitian politicians and their families are already vaccinated. I guess that and the elite is all that matters over there. Anyway, the rejected vaccines are added to the Dominican donation to Guatemala.

I read the whole article. It doesn't say why. There has to be many in Haiti who want the vax.

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
Maybe they don’t have the resources to distribute it.

Status
Not open for further replies.