Mudanzas: Post Your Shipper

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Ok. I don't see what that has to do with the shipper though(?). It's still in the box when they get it and they don't put it together and deliver it to you assembled.
They quote and charge by dimensionalized weight. They have to see and measure what they're going to quote to determine the weight.

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
Amazon posts the size of the box and shipping weight for the item. It's always been correct for anything I've ordered.
I'd bet the shippers don't trust those measurements.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I'd bet the shippers don't trust those measurements.
BM Cargo does. The thing is, they don't have to trust the numbers to give you an estimate. If they're not what you told them, they adjust the price accordingly. It's not like you're paying them in advance and now they're stuck with the quote price.

Reactions: El Hijo de Manolo

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Well, if you don't like the system - don't use the service !!

Personally, I can't do without mudanza shipments
BMCargo I use for my smaller stuff.... like Amazon... they 'nickel & dime' the shipments..... 120 pesos here, 190 there
Larger or bulk shipments come by Awilda..... never a problem

Reactions: JD Jones

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
BM Cargo does. The thing is, they don't have to trust the numbers to give you an estimate. If they're not what you told them, they adjust the price accordingly. It's not like you're paying them in advance and now they're stuck with the quote price.
That's correct. That's why it's called a quotation.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
That's correct. That's why it's called a quotation.
Yes, and I only wanted an estimate. By definition, an estimate is only an approximation of cost based on what is known at the time and subject to change. I thought everyone knew this(?). Apparently, Awilda Shipping doesn't.

Amaia Diaz

Apr 14, 2020
Does anybody have experience of shipping from the UK or the EU to DR? Any references would be gratefully received! Thanks!
I’ve shipped 40ft container twice from UK and boxes/tanques from both UK and Spain… what do you need?

bookbox

Feb 16, 2008
I’ve shipped 40ft container twice from UK and boxes/tanques from both UK and Spain… what do you need?
Thanks Amaia,
Not sure what we'll need to ship yet but it'll probably be boxes rather than a container. I suspect it'll end up being cheaper to buy everything new but we have items with sentimental value (ornaments, porcelain, glassware)

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
I used Salcedo shipping last month, they picked up in my house in NC I received my box here in Santiago two weeks later.

JJ

Attachments

• IMG_20230724_105911820_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230724_105911820_HDR.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 99
Reactions: noni

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
How much did they charge? Do they only service NC?
Box size 28"x18x18 door to door US $100. They expect tips 😜

They pick up in different states, NY is the port the uses for shipping.

JJ

Reactions: cavok

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
I tip both of them $20. Dollars in the US and $500. Pesos here.

I asked the guy in US to make sure my box to get priority as there Will items that I need in DR up on my arrival.

JJ

TravelOverSky

Dec 30, 2023
Domican Republic
Do you know if couriers also operate like Domex or BMCargo here? Does this mean that they offer an address to which things can be delivered in the USA and then they bring them to the Dominican Republic?

I would like to order some things that are difficult to get in the Dominican Republic or their quality is not the best here. I was thinking about a cleaning robot and some others stuff to house.
If any of you have a contact, please share it (could be DM)

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
Do you know if couriers also operate like Domex or BMCargo here? Does this mean that they offer an address to which things can be delivered in the USA and then they bring them to the Dominican Republic?

I would like to order some things that are difficult to get in the Dominican Republic or their quality is not the best here. I was thinking about a cleaning robot and some others stuff to house.
If any of you have a contact, please share it (could be DM)
www.domex.do

Office in Doral (Miami), online tracking, delivery to your home.

Reactions: TravelOverSky