Mudanzas: Post Your Shipper

Amaia Diaz

Apr 14, 2020
Do you know if couriers also operate like Domex or BMCargo here? Does this mean that they offer an address to which things can be delivered in the USA and then they bring them to the Dominican Republic?

I would like to order some things that are difficult to get in the Dominican Republic or their quality is not the best here. I was thinking about a cleaning robot and some others stuff to house.
If any of you have a contact, please share it (could be DM)
I use EPS but it depends where you live as to what offices are close to you. BM cargo works here too but have never used them. I have used EPS for 6 years, every 2 weeks in the last year as I order quite a bit from Amazon due to a house build! It’s about 280 pesos a pound so you need to think about heavy purchases and whether it’s worth the cost. Arrives in about 4 days from when the parcel arrives in Miami. Need to keep price under $200 including postage to not pay taxes… recently bought a rumba style robot and paid quite a bit in postage but still cheaper than buying here..

Reactions: TravelOverSky

TravelOverSky

Dec 30, 2023
Domican Republic
Domex I using a lot of but they don't offer ferry (or offering but you have to have really heavy itiems) BMCargo I tested once and better experiance have with Domex. Was looking for some mundanzas, maybe cheaper but will check this EPS. Did they offer also ferry or only planes? Localisation isn't problem I am traveling for whole country so month after month I am in other city/region :ROFLMAO:

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
Domex I using a lot of but they don't offer ferry (or offering but you have to have really heavy itiems) BMCargo I tested once and better experiance have with Domex. Was looking for some mundanzas, maybe cheaper but will check this EPS. Did they offer also ferry or only planes? Localisation isn't problem I am traveling for whole country so month after month I am in other city/region :ROFLMAO:
I have used BMCargo for a decade, no negative feedback even with stuff that the customs kindly tried to hold as a hostage, BM resolved that. I have also used Domex for about a year, even less negative feedback for them. Cannot comment on the others as have not really used them. The couriers have usually offices throughout the country, so regardless if you use a courier for lighter packages or a mudanza, they will bring the stuff near you, not the opposite.

For anything heavier, you can also request a quote, even by sending them a link of what you will ship. Then you can check the same with a mudanza. I once quoted something slightly heavier with BMCargo, they offered no surprises, so the charge was exactly what I had already calculated based on the info on their website, so I went with mudanza...

Reactions: TravelOverSky

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
as I order quite a bit from Amazon due to a house build! It’s about 280 pesos a pound so you need to think about heavy purchases and whether it’s worth the cost.
For things like this, this is exactly where you need to analyze whether you should use courier or a mudanza. I have, for example, never ordered anything heavier than 10 lbs with a courier, as it does not make sense... Anything heavier has come with Awilda Shipping...

For any occasion, where I'm thinking the weight can be an issue (not the product weight, but shipping weight including packaging etc.), I have contacted the seller via Ebay and asked them to provide the exact shipping weight, which sometimes is even printed by the factory on the carton itself. The product weight can be something else and the price difference can be quite a bit for what the couriers charge per LBS.

Reactions: cavok