Mudanzas: Post Your Shipper

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
There are new special rules for smart phones, tablets, laptops, stuff like that.
I’ve never put any of those in a shipment, only in carryons.

We ship mostly things we’re giving away, tons of baseball equipment, clothing, etc. Things for our home there. Club sized bread flour, basmati rice, jugs of oil ship outside the drums/boxes for free.

Reactions: CristoRey

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I have never been assessed a tax in barrel shipping. I have not sent cell phones or electronics however. You need to register with customs as well. I have sent anything and everything.

Edited to note the maritime shipping or mudanza whatever AE prefers us to call it, is different than EPS. I don't get assessed customs tax either on EPS but you will for electronics
I registered with customs a few years ago. Wasn't an option. Now mandatory in order to receive packages by international carrier/ post services like EPS.

I understand the two are different hence the question and thank you for the information. Haven't decided yet whether or not i want to ship a barrel down here or sell and donate.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Good to have options for folks who need to ship things that won't fit in a suitcase or can't be bootlegged in by friends or family.

Question: Customs puts a $200 max value cap (zero import tax) on anything shipped in via companies like EPS, how do they make a value assessment on blue barrels packed full of items like books, shoes, artwork ect.?

PS.
I'm not a fan of Dominican Math.
That is all taken care of for you -- part of 'the service' a mudanza offers

As for TV's, tere is a specific charge per inch....my recent 43" was $225-250 to ship.
$350 to buy

Reactions: CristoRey

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Don't know....43" Samsung Smart -

Recent reports say locally bought have a short life - there's a thread here about it

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Trying to get a barrel shipped from the Miami area. Both shippers we contacted said there are no blue barrels available.
Montero and another were contacted and only have boxes.

Anybody know of a shipper in that area that does have blue barrels at this time?

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
There is a multitude of shippers - just how many calls you want to make...

Rosa del Monte ?
Luciano?
A Tiempo Cargo ?

Just Google them

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Trying to get a barrel shipped from the Miami area. Both shippers we contacted said there are no blue barrels available.
Montero and another were contacted and only have boxes.

Anybody know of a shipper in that area that does have blue barrels at this time?
Probably meant to say they didn't have any barrels for sale. I searched FB Marketplace for Blue Plastic barrels and got a bunch of hits:

Last edited:

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Two calls doesn't really cover many bases..... for sure barrels can be found

Sounds like it MUST be a barrel... boxes won't do

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
The company I used, 8 yrs ago for my one-time here-we-go, recommended by a very well placed Sosuan, was Family Cargo Express. Based in the Bx. Contact was Evelyn Matos 718-617-6196. They were SUPERB.

Farmer

Antiguo
Dec 2, 2003
The company I used, 8 yrs ago for my one-time here-we-go, recommended by a very well placed Sosuan, was Family Cargo Express. Based in the Bx. Contact was Evelyn Matos 718-617-6196. They were SUPERB.
Morning Meemselle. Would you have any updated contact information for Family Cargo Express? I liked your review but can't seem to find them. Thanks

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
Unfortch, I do not. My Dominican contact has moved to FL. But through circuitous means, I might be able to get a number. Evelyn's #no longer exists?