Murder in cabrera

Status
Not open for further replies.

TravelHippo

Mar 24, 2008
Yes, let's forget it because of course I am just happy the jerk is caught!

However, that is still just the word around town.. just hoping it is true.

Latest I've read (of course Gina's name still being written incorrectly)..

Cabrera.- Miembros de la sub-direcci?n de investigaciones criminales de la Polic?a interrogan un vecino de la nacional holandesa Richtje Van Someren, encontrada degollada en la sala de su residencia el pasado mi?rcoles, luego de encontrar el arma homicida en un solar bald?o pr?ximo al lugar de los hechos.

El obrero Jos? alberto Acosta, alias Jacho, de 20 a?os, permanence detenido en el cuartel policial de este municipio, y las autoridades allanaron en busca de evidencias la vivienda que comparte con su madre, Confesora Acosta Mart?nez, la cual se encontra ubicada en la calle Alonzo Alvarez s?n n?mero de este municipio.

Junto a Acosta tambi?n est? siendo interrogado el empleado privado Cirilo Mart?nez Camacho, alias Chiqui, de 31 a?os, residente en la secci?n El Puerto, y quien fuera detenido en la vivienda del primero.

El arma encontrada es un cuchillo nuevo de aproximadamente 11 pulgadas, el cual fue encontrada con manchas de sangre en un solar bald?o ubicado en la calle principal del residencial Mar?a. El terreno es propiedad de Gorjeli Alc?quiez.

El cuerpo de Richtje Van Someren,de 44 a?os, a las 11:50 de la ma?ana, fue encontrado con varias pu?aladas tirado en la sala de su residencia por la nombrada Ana del Pilar S?nchez de Fern?ndez, quien de inmediato dio parte a la Polic?a.

Seg?n el m?dico legista actuante en el caso, el cuerpo de la ciudadana holandesa, quien era una empleada privada soltera, presenta dos heridas pulsocortantes en la regi?n interior del cuello, otra en la regi?n pulmonar izquierda, otra en el quinto onceavo costado izquierdo, y una herida cortante en l parte posterio del torax.

Costa Verde DR

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Yes, let's forget it because of course I am just happy the jerk is caught!

However, that is still just the word around town.. just hoping it is true.

Latest I've read (of course Gina's name still being written incorrectly)..

Cabrera.- Miembros de la sub-direcci?n de investigaciones criminales de la Polic?a interrogan un vecino de la nacional holandesa Richtje Van Someren, encontrada degollada en la sala de su residencia el pasado mi?rcoles, luego de encontrar el arma homicida en un solar bald?o pr?ximo al lugar de los hechos.

El obrero Jos? alberto Acosta, alias Jacho, de 20 a?os, permanence detenido en el cuartel policial de este municipio, y las autoridades allanaron en busca de evidencias la vivienda que comparte con su madre, Confesora Acosta Mart?nez, la cual se encontra ubicada en la calle Alonzo Alvarez s?n n?mero de este municipio.

Junto a Acosta tambi?n est? siendo interrogado el empleado privado Cirilo Mart?nez Camacho, alias Chiqui, de 31 a?os, residente en la secci?n El Puerto, y quien fuera detenido en la vivienda del primero.

El arma encontrada es un cuchillo nuevo de aproximadamente 11 pulgadas, el cual fue encontrada con manchas de sangre en un solar bald?o ubicado en la calle principal del residencial Mar?a. El terreno es propiedad de Gorjeli Alc?quiez.

El cuerpo de Richtje Van Someren,de 44 a?os, a las 11:50 de la ma?ana, fue encontrado con varias pu?aladas tirado en la sala de su residencia por la nombrada Ana del Pilar S?nchez de Fern?ndez, quien de inmediato dio parte a la Polic?a.

Seg?n el m?dico legista actuante en el caso, el cuerpo de la ciudadana holandesa, quien era una empleada privada soltera, presenta dos heridas pulsocortantes en la regi?n interior del cuello, otra en la regi?n pulmonar izquierda, otra en el quinto onceavo costado izquierdo, y una herida cortante en l parte posterio del torax.

Costa Verde DR

the sad thing is that the justice system is so non-existent in this country, and it is just so hopelessly corrupt, the swine could be back on the streets in the blink of an eye.

Kozy

Jun 1, 2002
They caught the murderer within two days. Fantastic- Gorgon and all those bashing everything Dominican. Why do you even participate on this board- Why are you here on this board if you always have nothing positive to say or contribute. Go somewhere else! Maybe Panama needs a new constant critic. It seems the police have done their job rapidly. i congratulate them !! K

m14

Jul 20, 2013
They caught the murderer within two days. Fantastic- Gorgon and all those bashing everything Dominican. Why do you even participate on this board- Why are you here on this board if you always have nothing positive to say or contribute. Go somewhere else! Maybe Panama needs a new constant critic. It seems the police have done their job rapidly. i congratulate them !! K

yes, but still it is the reality (like "the gordon" says) that the guys are back on the road very soon!!
looking the truth in the dominican eye

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
As I hear it, she was the acting manager of the salon and as such was responsible for the payroll.

She had promised the boyfriend some money so after she went to do her banking, she called him to say she had his money.
He arrived with the 2 friends and stole the payroll .

Supposedly all 3 are in te Nagua jail and confessions have been obtained.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010

i am here to say the negative things. how's that for an answer?

TravelHippo

Mar 24, 2008
Yes, that is right.. she was the manager of the salon and was responsible for payroll... but as a good friend of Gina's, I find it very hard to believe she had promised the 'boyfriend' some money out of any of it that wasn't her own pay and then called him to come get it. However, he could have known she was doing payroll that day or when she usually does it each month. But of course, that part we will never know because even with full confessions, the men in custody can twist it a little here and there as they decide.

I hadn't heard that there are 3 in jail... just the 2... is the 3rd a later capture? Hopefully we will get some official reports soon.

I was also told the memorial / funeral will be held today. Does anyone know of a time yet?

As I hear it, she was the acting manager of the salon and as such was responsible for the payroll.

She had promised the boyfriend some money so after she went to do her banking, she called him to say she had his money.
He arrived with the 2 friends and stole the payroll .

Supposedly all 3 are in te Nagua jail and confessions have been obtained.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Yes, that is right.. she was the manager of the salon and was responsible for payroll... but as a good friend of Gina's, I find it very hard to believe she had promised the 'boyfriend' some money out of any of it that wasn't her own pay and then called him to come get it. However, he could have known she was doing payroll that day or when she usually does it each month. But of course, that part we will never know because even with full confessions, the men in custody can twist it a little here and there as they decide.

I hadn't heard that there are 3 in jail... just the 2... is the 3rd a later capture? Hopefully we will get some official reports soon.

I was also told the memorial / funeral will be held today. Does anyone know of a time yet?

where did i hear this song before? oh, i know. i just read What About Your Saucepans, and something eerily similar happens. Lindsay gets shot so that the perp can rob the payroll.

let me offend some people some more. every day i hear from people about what great friends the poor rank and file Dominicans are. you all better think again. if you do not have money, you are not that great of a friend to them. if you do have money, this is what can happen to you. enough with the rhapsodies.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009

No TH, I'm saying what you're saying -- he knew her banking habits .... the promised money was hers , not the salon's.
That was part of the confession , I was told.

No indiscretion on her part....

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
this is so true. That we can think that we are their friends./ But how many of us can figure out how to manage on 8000 pesos a month? or how much 30,000 pesos is to someone who might get 300 or 600 pesos a DAY if they are lucky enough to find work. Figure out what is the net for a 50 concho ride? You may have some sort of relationship with some poor Dominicans but just keep this particular story in mind... to rmemeber what it is. So sad.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I STILL feel this thread should be about the loss of "Gina", and not about "US"!
There are plenty of threads, or START ONE", about "Crimes" committed here in the DR.
To me, it cheapens her sad death, by adding all the "Other Stuff", and then having "PM's" with each other, and "Rumor Mongering".
May Gina Rest In Peace.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
this is so true. That we can think that we are their friends./ But how many of us can figure out how to manage on 8000 pesos a month? or how much 30,000 pesos is to someone who might get 300 or 600 pesos a DAY if they are lucky enough to find work. Figure out what is the net for a 50 concho ride? You may have some sort of relationship with some poor Dominicans but just keep this particular story in mind... to rmemeber what it is. So sad.

you are not their friends. they will trade gestures of generosity with you in the hope of financial return. once you stop paying the tab for the beer, all best are off.

i will concede , however, that if you are sick, they will move heaven and earth to help you recuperate.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I STILL feel this thread should be about the loss of "Gina", and not about "US"!
There are plenty of threads, or START ONE", about "Crimes" committed here in the DR.
To me, it cheapens her sad death, by adding all the "Other Stuff", and then having "PM's" with each other, and "Rumor Mongering".
May Gina Rest In Peace.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

CC, i think that it is instinctive for people to start speculating as to what went awry. the conversation will always end up at the good old inside job.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
I am sorry, CCC, but most of us did not know her. And what is the point of posting this in a public forum if not for the rest of us to learn something if there is something to learn. We have heard that she was well liked, lived simply in a local salary and peacefully, worked in a local salon, rented an apartment, nothing flashy just a few rum and cokes with friends.

Now indeed we find out that she had a local "boyfriend" who evidently slit her throat for a few pesos since she was reportedly robbed after she went to the bank. But even if she was robbed before she went to the bank.. YEEKS.. She thought this man was her boyfriend. A lover. Not just a friend. Much closer than that.

This is not a question of someone who just stole your wallet or a few thousand pesos but stole your life.

Sometimes I think that women are more at risk. A man will just have a simple "transaction" with a local and you will pay 1000 pesos or whatever and then things are even. But with women it is different. With women, they will tell you that they do not want anything, that they love you, etc. etc, etc. When in fact, they want EVERYTHING. It would be easier to pay on a per diem basis.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I am sorry, CCC, but most of us did not know her. And what is the point of posting this in a public forum if not for the rest of us to learn something if there is something to learn. We have heard that she was well liked, lived simply in a local salary and peacefully, worked in a local salon, rented an apartment, nothing flashy just a few rum and cokes with friends.

Now indeed we find out that she had a local "boyfriend" who evidently slit her throat for a few pesos since she was reportedly robbed after she went to the bank. But even if she was robbed before she went to the bank.. YEEKS.. She thought this man was her boyfriend. A lover. Not just a friend. Much closer than that.

This is not a question of someone who just stole your wallet or a few thousand pesos but stole your life.

Sometimes I think that women are more at risk. A man will just have a simple "transaction" with a local and you will pay 1000 pesos or whatever and then things are even. But with women it is different. With women, they will tell you that they do not want anything, that they love you, etc. etc, etc. When in fact, they want EVERYTHING. It would be easier to pay on a per diem basis.

yes, men do have an advantage. we can just pay them, and send them on their way. the dynamics with women are slightly more intricate; and dangerous.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"You People" must be the ones that purchase the "National Enquirer".
Weather we "knew" Gina, or not, makes no difference.
We should respect her, and leave our personal speculations elsewhere.
If we are unaware of the dangers here in the DR, speculation bout Gina's life, and death, will not help us.
CC

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
"You People" must be the ones that purchase the "National Enquirer".
Weather we "knew" Gina, or not, makes no difference.
We should respect her, and leave our personal speculations elsewhere.
If we are unaware of the dangers here in the DR, speculation bout Gina's life, and death, will not help us.
CC

CC, you know i respect your opinions, but i beg to differ on this one. i think that by us ventilating this issue, we just might save some starry eyed gringa from getting into a relationship with these friendlies, who really have nothing more in their minds than to rip them off, even if it means taking their lives. it boils my blood to know that people like these exist. what kind of animal partakes of the kindness and affection of another, then kills them for a pittance?

i do agree with you on one thing, though. if these foreigners do not get the picture by now, maybe an internet forum is not going to save them.

Status
Not open for further replies.