Musings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
If you look at China’s political moves last week, you have to give them some grudging admiration despite the fact that they covered up the virus outbreak. They came up with $2 Billion for the WHO to replace the cancelled US funding. If they had any influence before this, as some posters and the current US administration suggest, they have their hands firmly on the WHO helm now. They even came out in favour of a review of the WHO response to the virus. They want it delayed until the pandemic is over. I have no doubt they will get their wish and the review will not paint them in a bad light. Another Chinese not so covert take over of a UN agency with world wide influence. Their hegemony marches on, even in pandemic times.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
If you look at China’s political moves last week, you have to give them some grudging admiration despite the fact that they covered up the virus outbreak. They came up with $2 Billion for the WHO to replace the cancelled US funding. If they had any influence before this, as some posters and the current US administration suggest, they have their hands firmly on the WHO helm now. They even came out in favour of a review of the WHO response to the virus. They want it delayed until the pandemic is over. I have no doubt they will get their wish and the review will not paint them in a bad light. Another Chinese not so covert take over of a UN agency with world wide influence. Their hegemony marches on, even in pandemic times.
yes , maneuver ,manipulating and lying for the "good of the people" is a communist trademark. Add the WHO and NATO to the the list of political scams.

Reactions: I love Azua

Joseph NY2STI

Mar 22, 2020
Just for context, and take this anyway you wish (or not at all), the Hong Kong flu killed 100,000 Americans and a couple of million globally. Adjusted for population that's 165,000 Americans and millions more globally in today's numbers. It received minimal media coverage and nothing shut down. Hundreds of thousands of people rolled in the mud at Woodstock that year (perhaps some of you). That was back in the good old days when naming a disease after it's place of origin wasn't racist, xenophobic, hate-mongering. Just sayin'...

Big

Apr 24, 2019
Just for context, and take this anyway you wish (or not at all), the Hong Kong flu killed 100,000 Americans and a couple of million globally. Adjusted for population that's 165,000 Americans and millions more globally in today's numbers. It received minimal media coverage and nothing shut down. Hundreds of thousands of people rolled in the mud at Woodstock that year (perhaps some of you). That was back in the good old days when naming a disease after it's place of origin wasn't racist, xenophobic, hate-mongering. Just sayin'...
its fashionable now to label people that dont agree with you; racist,homophobic, xenophobic etc. I disagree with people getting gender reassignment surgery in prison all on the tax payers dime . For that I have been called a bigot.

Status
Not open for further replies.