Must save the planet - Harness the DR Cows

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
  • Haha
Reactions: Big

Big

Apr 24, 2019
With all the cattle here, you think it would be easy to get a decent steak.

Reactions: jd426

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
With all the cattle here, you think it would be easy to get a decent steak.
Some day someone will realize that. They are improving though. Nacional has a "prime meat" line produced locally for both beef and pork.

Reactions: PCMike

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
The problem is what is definition of "decent steak".

Dominican beef is not pumped full of growth hormones, nor placed in cattle confinement facilities, they roam free and receive the majority of their food through natural grazing.
Grass fed.
The food chain in the Dominican Republic is in many ways is much cleaner and healthy than in the United States of America.
Cattle is not a great cause of pollution to any extent.
If that was the case global warming would have been a problem in the age of the buffalo.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Enjoy your meat pumped up with growth hormones brother.
If you like it...I 🖤 it‼️
Just like most of your posts, you have NO CLUE.

In addition to our already stringent 10 quality standards, Certified Angus Beef ® brand Natural also must be from cattle fed a vegetarian diet, and never given antibiotics nor hormones.
What beef is hormone free?

Image result for angus beef hormones

Natural Angus beef is also different than certified organic.

Be raised in living conditions that allow for natural behaviors (like the ability to graze on pasture) Be fed 100% organic feed and forage. Should not receive antibiotics or added hormones.Feb 21,

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I have had some good steaks at Nacan and Bottega Fratelli in Santo Dom, I am quite sure they are imported cuts, other than that it's a workout for your jaw.
:You are correct there. No Dominican beef sold in those restaurants...........

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Just me, but I tried Brangus and it can't compare to Angus. And not much cheaper than Angus. I pass................

Reactions: cavok

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
The Angus beef burgers at BBQ Express up the road are delicious. Never tried their steaks.

Rather than cover the cow's mouths why don't we cover the people's mouths (perhaps ducktape) who continue spewing this nonsense?

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
I have had some good steaks at Nacan and Bottega Fratelli in Santo Dom, I am quite sure they are imported cuts, other than that it's a workout for your jaw.
I like Nacan too but we spent over $200 for 2 with ribeyes for both of us. Too rich for me.

Outback's cuts are not as high quality, but they're better than the particle board that masquerades as steaks in Ole. Also, PriceSmart has decent imported ribeye.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I like Nacan too but we spent over $200 for 2 with ribeyes for both of us. Too rich for me.

Outback's cuts are not as high quality, but they're better than the particle board that masquerades as steaks in Ole. Also, PriceSmart has decent imported ribeye.
BRAVO also has imported Angus meats. Lots of thick cuts too.

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
but they're better than the particle board that masquerades as steaks in Ole.
I have no problem with the steaks in Olé that are domestic.
They are less expensive and taste just as good.
But I know how to prepare them.
And everyone I prepare them for are amazed.
But what do I know?
Just ask this guy:
Just like most of your posts, you have NO CLUE.
Sorry you are having such a bad day brother.
Hope your life outlook improves soon.

Just a gringo negro trying to make it a DR1 world.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
I'll say it again, the whole filet ( well actually filet and faux-fillet ) sold at Nacional and now at LaSirena is a perfectly good cut of dominican meat. And a bargain at 450 pesos/lb.