My documents for Citizenship were accepted

windeguy

Jul 10, 2004
The exam I recently took had no oral part to it. I answered the questions directly in front of the examiner and had him grade it in front of me. Just the two of us in his office. He did not want to grade it with me in the room, but I told him I knew I had all of the correct answers so be obliged me.

The exam questions were ones that could be either answered in a sentence while a couple were multiple choice. There were a few example questions on the list I studied that were full paragraphs. If they had asked them, I would not have gotten them correct. So for me, yes it was easy because I really studied all the short answers. Not sure how soon those people will be working again for the swearing in. Some more businesses will be opening this coming week. And we are in the last couple of weeks for the curfew.

windeguy

Jul 10, 2004
Well I will not be worried about the history/Spanish exam. I hear it is all about timing having all documents ready to submit together.
That is indeed the challenge. Getting the documents and making sure they are current. So when you start, be sure you can finish before any might expire. I did the short lived documents last for that reason.

JDFriend

the Translator
May 15, 2007
Thanks, it did go well. All the paperwork was accepted, I had my citizenship test last week and passed it. My swearing in as a DR citizen might be delayed by the CV-19 situation. Medina will make announcements tonight at 8 PM on CV-19 and what the government is going to do about it in the DR.
Congratulations Windy. Swearing in used to be the last Thursday of the month. Maybe they will start again in June. Citizenship is the best solution, this way you don't have to deal with Migracion anymore.... Thank God for that.

CynthiaCom

Nov 22, 2019
Hello, everyone.

I hope everyone is well and Covid free.

I've been informed that the department will call each applicant that have been approved by the executive order. They will not be performing the swear-in to comply with the Covid-19 prevention measures mandated by our Ministry of Health.

Please stay safe.

CynthiaCom

Nov 22, 2019
I am considering applying for citizenship. I got my residency in 2006 and its one of the better decisions I have made. Now it expires mid 2021 and I could either just renew another 4 years or apply for citizenship. I also think there is an option where you get like a more permanent residency of 10 years.
Hello, Mr. Boyter:

Yes, if you have had 10+ year as a permanent resident in the Dominican Republic you can opt for the Definitive one that lasts 10 years. Regarding the citizenship, please keep in mind that the requirements change every few years so it is better to check your options first.

windeguy

Jul 10, 2004
Hello, Mr. Boyter:

Yes, if you have had 10+ year as a permanent resident in the Dominican Republic you can opt for the Definitive one that lasts 10 years. Regarding the citizenship, please keep in mind that the requirements change every few years so it is better to check your options first.
Cynthia, Is the office open yet for swearing in new citizens? And is the office open that tests firearms for annual licenses?