My Experience: How I Got Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
you know 5 billionaires and they eat fast food, that is truly fascinating

Los ricos son ricos porque vive como pobres...... y los pobres son pobres porque vive como ricos......
Or something like that.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
Los ricos son ricos porque vive como pobres...... y los pobres son pobres porque vive como ricos......
Or something like that.

u otro cuento de hadas sobre el web. or something like that

Big

Apr 24, 2019
A "billion" is "one thousand million" a difficult number to get your mind around

Feb 7, 2007
Yes, it is possible to question my reasoning. I left based on a calculated risk. The "jury is still out" as to whether this was the best decision. My Dominican family continues to receive everything from me that they did when I was at home. And my ten year girlfriend, also a senior citizen, was relieved that I left because she was worried about my safety. I live in a sector considered dangerous even in normal times: San Carlos. It was painful for me to leave home and it was not a decision I took lightly. My case is in no way unique. We are all suffering to varying degrees and needing to make decisons that seem to be the best at the moment.

San Carlos, it's no Piantini but also not Capotillo either ....

Mr Deal HD

Sep 11, 2019
You know 2 billionaires personally, wow, guess you never have to pick up the tab.

Not all of us were modern day slaves who had to work for a living. Some of us rub shoulders with those that make politicians nervous. Not everyone lives the same life as you do. Some of us don’t worry about tabs, bills, or prices regardless of who we’re with. Regardless if they’re wealthier or not. ;)

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
Not all of us were modern day slaves who had to work for a living. Some of us rub shoulders with those that make politicians nervous. Not everyone lives the same life as you do. Some of us don’t worry about tabs, bills, or prices regardless of who we’re with. Regardless if they’re wealthier or not. ;)

I've met a few trustafarians along the way.

F. Scott Fitzgerald was right.

“Let me tell you about the very rich. They are different from you and me. They possess and enjoy early, and it does something to them, makes them soft where we are hard, and cynical where we are trustful, in a way that, unless you were born rich, it is very difficult to understand. They think, deep in their hearts, that they are better than we are because we had to discover the compensations and refuges of life for ourselves. Even when they enter deep into our world or sink below us, they still think that they are better than we
are. They are different. ”

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
A "billion" is "one thousand million" a difficult number to get your mind around

OK I shall try to not dig any deeper.
Where I came from in Eastern Canada , low population stats, lots of old money in the Petroleum,Fisheries and woodland industries. Then there is the support industry.... there is the old money ie. second and third generation beneficiaries then there is the new money..meaning first generation. In the Fisheries Industry I am aware of at least two Billionaires who live in Chester NS.... I do not know them well but they are good friends of my niece. There is the third generation that made their money in energy, forest and steel Industries. The otqher twoWe served on a Marine science board together. come from a old money family and own their own oil refinery, forrestry Industry and Agriculture ...(French Fries); My now deceased friend and his brother, started the giant McCain frozen food company in Florenceville NB. And if I think hard there are several more somewhere in the Atlantic Provinces ......
What some people do not understand that these people are (except for the money) no different than anyone else.
As for fast food , the USA Billionaire DT (POTUS) thrives on MacDonalds Hamburgers..and fries so I am told.
These are not high profile people, just normal ordinary people with lots of money.I do not know of instances where any of them flaunt their wealth. ,
Do not be in awe, they are no different when they were millionaires.
My father lived better than a millionaire (he spent every cent he earned) when he died 55 years ago he took with him exactly what Howard Hughes took with him $000,000,000,000.00and so on.

SO thats my story and I am sticking to it.
You have a nice day.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
OK I shall try to not dig any deeper.
Where I came from in Eastern Canada , low population stats, lots of old money in the Petroleum,Fisheries and woodland industries. Then there is the support industry.... there is the old money ie. second and third generation beneficiaries then there is the new money..meaning first generation. In the Fisheries Industry I am aware of at least two Billionaires who live in Chester NS.... I do not know them well but they are good friends of my niece. There is the third generation that made their money in energy, forest and steel Industries. The otqher twoWe served on a Marine science board together. come from a old money family and own their own oil refinery, forrestry Industry and Agriculture ...(French Fries); My now deceased friend and his brother, started the giant McCain frozen food company in Florenceville NB. And if I think hard there are several more somewhere in the Atlantic Provinces ......
What some people do not understand that these people are (except for the money) no different than anyone else.
As for fast food , the USA Billionaire DT (POTUS) thrives on MacDonalds Hamburgers..and fries so I am told.
These are not high profile people, just normal ordinary people with lots of money.I do not know of instances where any of them flaunt their wealth. ,
Do not be in awe, they are no different when they were millionaires.
My father lived better than a millionaire (he spent every cent he earned) when he died 55 years ago he took with him exactly what Howard Hughes took with him $000,000,000,000.00and so on.

SO thats my story and I am sticking to it.
You have a nice day.

Well, my father and generations upon generations are New Brunswickers, and he never had a good words to say about a McCain or Irving, even though he was a relative of old KC.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I think we can safely put this thread to rest. He got out, and now we’re so far off topic theres probably no getting back. Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.