My Gardener/Handyman/Drinking Buddy/Gringo Tax Advisor...

drSix

Silver
Oct 13, 2013
Alright, so as long as we are on the subject, I would like the nanny to have access to some pesos.

For:

Going to the playground at Ocean Village, $RD150 once a week
Buying some Fruits and Veggies, RD$400 a week
Paying the water guy when he comes RD$280 a week
And enough to make it to the hospital in a Taxi if she needed, maybe RD$500

Am I completely retarded? Is their anyway around this. There is a calmodo close, but it's super expensive.

Any way to make this work?

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I do it allthe time...........

my norml 'absence' period is 2 months.
I leave them money for what they and the house needs..... toilet paper, lawn mower gas, whatever

I get an accounting when I return

I leave about 3,000 pesos

They don't work me over, but even if they did...............for how much ?

make a schedule... allow for the $$$ and send them off with some insurance $$

don't sweat the small stuff..........

This just happened!

She got a phone call, talked soooo fast, I couldn't understand a damn word. Seemed, mad. I asked, que pasa? Well, she hasn't had luz at her house for a week. Por que?, I say, "porque no tiene dinero". She didn't ask for money, and I didn't giver her any! Ya know what would have happened if my fren' had said he had no money for luz!!! I would have felt bad, and offered to give him money.

I am the scorpion!

I am the slug.

rfp

Gold
Jul 5, 2010
When we leave, which is often as possible but usually only for a week or two we continue to pay our maid but provide an arduous list of tasks that we expect to see completed. When we used Dominicans we would go through at least a maid a year but their wages are not sustainable in today's economic reality especially with their abysmal work ethic. We have a Haitian now, she has been with us a year at 6500 pesos a month and is a keeper.

We would never hang out with her though.

Curacaoleno

Bronze
Apr 26, 2013
First: "Soy tu amigo."

Later: "No fui yo."

donP

First: Girl (Hot 18 years) to 60 year old fat bald gringo: Papi you are the love of my life

Later (same girl): No, the motoconcho is only my primo. I came late home because the moto broke down and the bridge was open and we got robbed so thats why my clothes are ripped and I have no money and you can give me some money papi? oh and also give my primo some money as I did not paid him.. Papi