My hotmail is hacked again :(

suitelady79

Sep 20, 2006
Yeah, I got an email from a bank that I don't use (Suntrust) asking me to verify my password. That was my first clue that it was a scam was that I don't use this bank and therefore don't have a password. Then out of curiousity and so that I could report the proper information to the real bank, it takes you to a totally unrelated site that looked like Suntrusts home page but the URL was totally different.

If you ever get emails asking you to verify anything, DO NOT CLICK on the links because often they take you to a hacker site that looks just like the home page of a reputable business. Open your browser and type in the url yourself.

Also I would suggest changing your password very often (Once a month or maybe avery couple of weeks for you since you are getting hacked very often). Good luck!

Wag

Feb 4, 2005
Man, how could you be so silly enough to post your password on the public board? I just tried your password and guess what? I am in and logged on your hotmail. By the way, nice pictures of transvestites, some kinky stuff there my man. hahahahaha.
AZB

Hahaha, I guess the pics of ........... that I've sent you are in hands of other people?

Hey..... when are we going to get some higher education to certain local univ. like you mentioned last week?

I am curious to see what is in that jungle.

BTW some of my passwords are 40 chars long. Call me crazy.....

Reports of new keylogging programs soared higher this year, as part of a wave of multifunction malware with integrated keylogging features, according to VeriSign Inc.'s security information company iDefense Inc. The programs often evade detection by anti-virus tools and can be difficult to detect once installed. Malware is the source, you sometime will not even know that it is installed, so a good spyware program running in the background and good anti virus are a must along with a firewall.

I am of the opinion, one that was name in previous posts(Z) especially the free version is a piece of garbage while it seems to work, try and remove it from your computer, it is almost impossible.

Be sure and use reputable software.

marliejaneca

Bronze
Oct 7, 2003
What about the new Internet Explorer 7 - it has a phishing filter with it, and alerts you to when you are about to enter a fraudulent site. Have you got this new version installed yet? Like helpmann stated -if you entered a site that was a copy-cat version of the actual one you wanted to use - the phishing filter would alert you so that you have a choice to enter or not.

Sorry - I am a little technologically challenged - but I hope you get the gist of what I am saying!!

Marlie

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Its' those high-class Santiagueras you have lounging around your house with the university degrees in computer science.
Say what you want, but guaranteed a 500 peso north coast hooker will NEVER hack your computer. They don't even know how to open a refrigerator door because they've never seen a real one up close.
Come, AZB, and join the dark side...your computer security system will never be breached again...:cool:

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Its' those high-class Santiagueras you have lounging around your house with the university degrees in computer science.
Say what you want, but guaranteed a 500 peso north coast hooker will NEVER hack your computer. They don't even know how to open a refrigerator door because they've never seen a real one up close.
Come, AZB, and join the dark side...your computer security system will never be breached again...:cool:

I can't help but agree with you on this one.
UBH, here I come.
AZB

What about the new Internet Explorer 7 - it has a phishing filter with it, and alerts you to when you are about to enter a fraudulent site. Have you got this new version installed yet? Like helpmann stated -if you entered a site that was a copy-cat version of the actual one you wanted to use - the phishing filter would alert you so that you have a choice to enter or not.

Sorry - I am a little technologically challenged - but I hope you get the gist of what I am saying!!

Marlie

try Maxthon Browser it is way better than IE7 and Mozilla, has cross over features from both