My MotoCaribe in Paradise Van Tour

dbogdan83

Jun 20, 2011
September 17th of 2010 was the first time I ever visited the Dominican Republic, I spent 7 days in a Resort located in Punta Cana called Barcelo. The place was absolutely gorgeous but I wanted to explore further.

barcelo-1.jpg

I met a few taxi drivers who were locals and who showed me a few places to hang out at night and meet some beautiful women. I spent most of my time on the beach and was completely in love with the Island even though I didn?t know much about it. I was very sad when I had to go back to the States and promised myself that I would be back ASAP to explore further. On my first visit I made a few friends that were also locals and I decided to keep in touch with them while in the States. Six months later, I was back for more. This time I was eager to explore more and decided not stay at an all inclusive resort. I had my Dominican friend book me a 2 bedroom apartment on the Beach in Bavaro. This time I went to a few more places than the first time and was able to make even more friends. The Dominicans are the friendliest people I have ever met in my entire life. The place I stayed on my 2nd trip was called Stanza Mare.

Stanza-Mare-Coral-Comfort-photos-Hotel-1.jpg

Before I knew it, my 2nd trip was over and I had to go back to the States. I felt like I had a better experience but I was hungry for more. Six months later I was browsing the net for tours that would take me to several different destinations so I could explore as much as possible. I couldn?t really find much info on tours that would take me around the island. I have been following DR1 for almost a year now and I came across a company called MotoCaribe. MotoCaribe was the only company that was providing tours through the island and that?s exactly what I was looking for. I went to their website www.MotoCaribe.com and started reading some of the reviews. I am not a biker but I had a sports bike a few years ago and decided to contact Robert Cooper from MotoCaribe to get further information about the Tours. Once I contacted him, I found out that I didn?t meet the requirements such as taking the Motorcycle Safety Course. Robert mentioned to me that MotoCaribe provides Van Tours as well. I didn?t waste much time and told him to sign me up for the next tour ASAP. Robert told me that there was a Tour on 11/13/11. Immediately I sent Robert the payment and one week later I was on my way to the DR. On 11/11/11 I landed in Santo Domingo. I spend the first 2 days of my trip at the Capitol and on Sunday morning I made my way to Jarabacoa where MotoCaribe is located. We arrived at a hotel called Gran Jimenoa. The place was absolutely amazing.

granjimenoa1-1.jpg

Gran_balcsized.jpg

I arrived around 4:40PM. I then decided to give Robert a call and let him know that I have arrived. He told me that we will all be meeting downstairs at the restaurant at 6:30 pm for dinner.
6HotelGranJimenoa.jpg

The diner was great and it was wonderful to meet the people that I would be spending the next 5 days with. I also got to meet Robert and his wife Alida. They are two of the most amazing people I have ever met. Robert briefly described what the next 5 days would be like and that we?d be heading down to Samana, then back to Jarabacoa. This was our schedule for the next 7 days.
Sunday 13: pick up, in Jarabacoa (Gran Jimenoa)
Monday 14: ride Jarabacoa (Gran Jimenoa)
Tuesday 15: ride to Samana (Grand Paradise Samana)
Wednesday 16: ride around Samana (Grand Paradise Samana)
Thursday 17: beach day, Playa Rincon (Grand Paradise Samana)
Friday 18: to Jarabacoa (Gran Jimenoa)
Saturday 19: ride to Constanza (Gran Jimenoa)
Sunday 20: some guests leave, day in Santiago, baseball game (Gran Jimenoa)
Monday 21: some guests to POP, the rest to Rio Damajagua for the day (Gran Jimenoa)
Tuesday 22: all guests leave.

SamanaLocation.gif

On Monday the 14th we went touring through the beautiful Jarabacoa. Our first stop was an amazing Waterfall.
DSCF23.jpg

This is the way to the Waterfall. The pictures speak for themselves J Amazing experience!!!
IMG_0699-2.jpg

PB140783.jpg

Break time!!
PB130049.jpg

DSCF65.jpg

Even though I never got to ride the motorcycles, at least I got a picture out of it.
IMG_0702.jpg

I am actually studying for my motorcycle license so I can be on the next bike tour.

It was time for lunch so we made our way to Angel?s restaurant called Mi Vista.

PB130046.jpg

Below is the view we had while having typical Dominican food (arroz con bistec). The food was amazing!!
PB130040.jpg

On Tuesday the 15th, we started our trip down to the beautiful Samana. I will let the pictures do all the talking. ENJOY!
DSCF137.jpg

DSCF141.jpg

DSCF149.jpg

DSCF147.jpg

Wednesday we were touring through the beautiful Samana?feel free to enjoy the VIEW

d-1.jpg

I had to see what was below
DSCF289.jpg

There it is.. it was definitely worth walking in flip flops on those rocks :)
DSCF287.jpg

DSCF286.jpg

DSCF281.jpg

DSCF272.jpg

DSCF252.jpg

DSCF150.jpg

DSCF265.jpg

THE GROUP PIC!
30BytheoceanatGasparHernandez.jpg

I also met a lovely lady called Una!!
PB160842.jpg

Wealso got to experience the amazing scenery the Dominican call Boca the Diablo (Devil's mouth)
48BocadelDiablo.jpg

<o:p></o

We got to see a cave that is older than 500 years. It was an amazing feeling to be inside!!!!

DSCF233.jpg

PB150113.jpg

Our next destination was my favorite attraction. We went horseback riding to the waterfall in El Limon
DSCF364.jpg

66HorsebackridingatSaltoElLimon.jpg

Once we got to the waterfall is when the real fun started!!!!!!!!!!!
81SaltowaterfallElLimon.jpg

d1-2.jpg

PB150144.jpg

PB150149.jpg

Thursday the 17th was beach day all day long at Playa Rincon.
DSCF431.jpg

DSCF430.jpg

DSCF425.jpg

DSCF423.jpg

DSCF422.jpg

113PlayabeachRincon.jpg

We had fresh lobster for lunch
DSCF428.jpg

PB160179.jpg

PB160180.jpg

Once the day was over, we went back to the resort and I sadly had my last dinner with the crew.

133DinnerindowntownJarabacoa11.jpg

I must admit that these were the best 5 days of my life. I made some great friends and saw one of the most beautiful places on the planet. I would have never imagined that the tour would be this AMAZING.

I would like to thank MotoCaribe and everyone that was on the tour with me for the most incredible time.

Dragan Bogdan 12/13/11

belmont

Bronze
Oct 9, 2009
The best trip report I have seen on DR1. If you ever make the move to the DR, a marketing job with a tour company may be your niche.

judypdr

Jul 23, 2011
Costambar
Pretty incredible... I live here and I haven't seen that much! Can I ask what the cost was for your trip? Or can you provide a link so I can check it out?

dbogdan83

Jun 20, 2011
Hello all,

First I would like to thank everyone for the positive comments!!!

Like I mentioned in my report this was the best 5 days of my life and I have been to at least 10 different countries.

I have been to the DR before but had no idea that it was so rich of AMAZING attractions, thanks to MotoCaribe I am now in love with the island and looking to relocate to the DR. I got much more from the trip than i expected.
The pix that that I posted are only about 10% of the pix I have, if anyone wants to see more feel free to drop me a message and I will share my photobucket account.

thanks again
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

dbogdan83

Jun 20, 2011
Good report, Glad you had fun. Pretty motley crew though, especially the guy in the pink shirt.

Even though I am much younger than the rest of the crew I would not have traded the people for anything. When I arrived and met everyone I was a bit surprised and questioned myself if I would have as much fun as I hoped, but it turned out much more than I could asked for. Everyone was super fun and very friendly, well what can I say 90% of the crew were bikers and we all know that they are down to earth people. :D

expatsooner

Bronze
Aug 7, 2004
Great post and review - it really made me miss living in the DR and taking photos out the car passenger window as we drove around on the weekends. No I wasn't driving.... :p

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Very good of you to take the time to put all this together.
Wonderful presentation.

I was the person who joined you for lunch at La Entrada - Nov 15th.

Glad you had a good time.

aerdogan1

Dec 16, 2011
That's the greatest travel report I have ever read. I enjoyed when reading it. I felt like I am already in DR. I already was planning to go to DR and now I am dying to go to the DR. Probably the motoCaribe is the best way to explore the DR deeper.
thank you for the lovely report, dude!!!

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Dragan, it was a pleasure to have you and your friend along. You really added to the comraderie of the group. Having you guys leave was like seeing off old friends.

It's amazing how many MotoCaribe guests become friends for life. We even have some who never met before their first trip come back together. You can see why now.

Great report!

Now go get that MSF course, get your license and some experience, and lets go ride!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Aw!! Sh!t!!! You guys already said everything I was going to say!!

Great Photographs. Very good descriptions. But the photos rock!!

HB