my pelo bueno needs help :)

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
hi everyone!

i've got two questions for you, been doing a lot of research and no results so far...

1) Is there a salon in Santiago where they actually know how to treat pelo bueno, meaning - nice haircut, dye it naturally looking blond (i tried a regular dominican salon for that - big mistake, they just take some blond hair color and expect it to make my brown hair blond... result - the only blond part of my hair were the roots, rest was kinda orange...)...
2) Where in Santiago or around it can I buy One n' Only Color Fix, L?Oreal?s Color Zap or similar products??? pls, pls, pls, I need it so bad....

thanx in advance for any info!

I live in Santiago and am in NYC frequently, I am here now (NYC)...I can pick up your L'Oreal for you if you want. I will be home (Santiago) on Wednesday
SHALENA

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
I live in Santiago and am in NYC frequently, I am here now (NYC)...I can pick up your L'Oreal for you if you want. I will be home (Santiago) on Wednesday
SHALENA

You are nicer than I thought.;) lol

La rabiosa is getting soft!!!

BabyBlu

Jan 20, 2004
they just take some blond hair color and expect it to make my brown hair blond... result - the only blond part of my hair were the roots, rest was kinda orange...).

Even in the high end salons they do this, I've had this happen to me as well. When I go to a salon now, I have to tell them to use peroxide, I don't know if thats what you are looking for, but I get super blonde results

LaTeacher

Bronze
May 2, 2008
I stand by what I say - Puerto Rico is not a race.
I have been there many times so I am not totally without a clue as its nature.

Puerto Rico is a country, you're right.
but i think they were referring to PUERTO RICAN orange.

Puerto Rican is a race. Just like Americans, or Dominicans.

and in PR the orange is popular, but a lot of "outsiders" think it's trashy and therefore it's offensive because it has a negative connotation.

Jun 15, 2008
Even in the high end salons they do this, I've had this happen to me as well. When I go to a salon now, I have to tell them to use peroxide, I don't know if thats what you are looking for, but I get super blonde results

yea, that's what i'm looking for, but they really have no idea how to do it here, since they're used to dominican hair - they don't know that leaving peroxide in pelo bueno for too long turns it to pelo muy malo... :)

so i'm kinda scared to do that in a dominican salon...

santa110xyz

Oct 25, 2005
try the salon at casa marina sosua "Soraya"
i have very long blond hair...and she always did a good job!
also she does not fry the hair when blow drying ;-)
and the price is very fair
809-571-3690 -> transfer to salon and make appointment
with soraya (sori)

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
yea, that's what i'm looking for, but they really have no idea how to do it here, since they're used to dominican hair - they don't know that leaving peroxide in pelo bueno for too long turns it to pelo muy malo... :)

Have you ever been blonde before? Hair has many layers of colour and the darker it is the harder it will be to strip down to no colour or blonde. If you have dark hair you need to bleach it because hair colour isn't strong enough to bring up all the layers especially where there is no heat. That is why your roots are lighter than the rest. Bleaching hair on a regular bases and living in the sun isn't good for your hair because it becomes fried. A bleaching kit contains blue/white powder and peroxide.

If the peroxide isn't fresh it won't lift well so if you've been blonde before with only hair colour it could have been the peroxide.

Good luck

Last edited:

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008

and in PR the orange is popular, but a lot of "outsiders" think it's trashy and therefore it's offensive because it has a negative connotation.

I disagree.
They are both countries.
Each country consisting of many races.
That is what makes them such interesting and cool places.
The "American Race" - never heard of this before.

Jun 15, 2008
Have you ever been blonde before? Hair has many layers of colour and the darker it is the harder it will be to strip down to no colour or blonde. If you have dark hair you need to bleach it because hair colour isn't strong enough to bring up all the layers especially where there is no heat. That is why your roots are lighter than the rest. Bleaching hair on a regular bases and living in the sun isn't good for your hair because it becomes fried. A bleaching kit contains blue/white powder and peroxide.

If the peroxide isn't fresh it won't lift well so if you've been blonde before with only hair colour it could have been the peroxide.

Good luck

yes, i've been blonde before, but it was back in europe, and in my country they use a no-bleach hair color remover that doesn't even damage the hair... haven't seen or heard of it being used here..

Jun 15, 2008

I believe that Puerto Rican, American, Dominican etc are nationalities...
for example - there are Americans of many different RACES - White/Caucasian, Black/African-American, Hispanic (also clasified as white hispanic or black hispanic), etc....

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007

Research for a High-class beauty salon in the DR. I?m sure they?ll know how to treat your pelo bueno. Most of the rich Dominican people are of European descendants, if don?t find it in Santiago try in SD.

JJ

carrie

Sep 16, 2004
I sent you a private message.

I have pelo bueno- that frizzes if not blown out properly etc - and I go to a salon in the capital. I now have movie star hair even with the heat and 100 percent humidity.

i sent you all the details. i am a dirty blond with super beautiful blond highlights covering my nasty grays that dont' want to take a tint...lol

carrie

Wonderdog

Apr 25, 2005
I sent you a PM also. There is a woman in Las Terenas who owned a salon in England for 20+ years and is outstanding with cuts, colors, extensions, etc.,. She has a salon open there in LT. Many expats go only to her for any treatments.

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
I know the topic is about hair, but I must say that the concept of race is antiquated and has been to a large degree debunked. Good ridance, long live the Homo sapiens.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Reset color

yes, i've been blonde before, but it was back in europe, and in my country they use a no-bleach hair color remover that doesn't even damage the hair... haven't seen or heard of it being used here..

Call around to some of the better salons and ask if they use AlterEgo Italy products - AlterEgo has a product called Reset Color that strips all artificial color from your hair without damaging or stripping natural color. It's so gentle that it can be used twice the same day if the first application doesn't remove enough. Salons buy several boxes at a time from us because it works so well. If you have a salon you trust, ask them to get it for you from the AlterEgo distributor in Santo Domingo. If they don't know their #, just PM me and I'll get it for you. You could also call the distributor and ask them for names of salons who use it.