My trip to Pedernales and Bahia de las aguilas

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Awesome pics, El Tigre!!! I know you posted this info somewhere before, but could you share with us the equipment you use-what camera and lenses?

Thanks!!!

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
could you give me information about how to hire the same guide? i plan to go to bahia de las aguilas very soon

Hi. The guide was arranged for by the owners of the hostal I stayed in. This was a legit guide. Identification and all. Not just someone off the street.

El Tigre

Jan 23, 2003
great report and photos.. you sure did pack it all in to a couple of days! Pedernales is one of my very favorite places and I would really recommend it to anyone. I, too,would love to camp up in the cloud forest but do not know if this is possible. Can I ask how the road was into Hoyas de Pelempito? Last time I was there it was really washed out - passable really only with a concho or a very strong SUV.

Also.. for the next time, I would really recommend that you include a Friday or Monday to stay for the Haitian market and cross over into Anse a Pitres - the border is open on those days. You can just walk down the main street to the beach and sit under the trees and have a soda.

Not that there is much to see in Anse a Pitres but it is a sweet little town- they just got electricity on the main street and a couple of the churches about two years ago.

Intrepid travellers can take the open ferry boat from there which goes overnight to Jacmel.....

Hello.

The road to Pelemplito was in good condition. Definitely driveable.

When I go back I want to stay longer. I fell in love with the region.

El Tigre

Jan 23, 2003
beautiful pictures/country. how much does something like this cost, including airfare from sto dgo? i am assuming you flew in. thanks

You can't fly into Pedernales. SDQ is the closest airport and it is about 5-6 hours away from bahia de las aguilas.

El Tigre

Jan 23, 2003
Awesome pics, El Tigre!!! I know you posted this info somewhere before, but could you share with us the equipment you use-what camera and lenses?

Thanks!!!

5D Mark II, 24-105mm f4.0L lens, 50mm f1.2L lens, 100-400 L lens.

Jenny429

Oct 10, 2005
Great pictures!! I love it here :) I get to go to Bahia de las aguillas monthly.. sometimes biweekly.. it's my favorite beach with the kids cause it's calm, clean, and breathtaking!!!