My videos as stickys

DOMINICAN-KIDD

Mar 21, 2008
Is there a way that my video can be a sticky !

And mr. Lu i like your videos a lot i hope you continue to make more

hopefully we can make a video together at the offices of dr1.com

even if you guys hate me respond and i just added a new video of the wop on youtube.com/dominicankidddr

A

apostropheman

Perhaps all of Kidd's videos could be moved....to the clown bin :cheeky::bunny::bunny:

ben jammin

Aug 3, 2007
maybe if he woke up his unsuspecting victims with syrup instead of agua he could get an honorary sticky?? keep em coming kidd :)

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
It's pretty obvious this kid's hopes to use his "success" here and probably elsewhere as a stepping stone to things better.

With that in mind, I think it behoove's him to keep in mind the demographics of those who visit this forum, ie what might be appropriate in other venues might not necessarily be appropriate here - which, if I might add intuitively is related to "success". Any good director should and will know this and thus won't throw his pearls to the swine as the saying goes (or vice versa) if need not be; ie, you don't see Michael Bay doing interviews with him promoting the plot of his movies or whatnot in order to woo the Oscar crowd, you just get action packed commercials leading to the opening date. In simpler terms be aware of you target audience and make the proper adjustments or even bail if need be.

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
It's pretty obvious this kid's hopes to use his "success" here and probably elsewhere as a stepping stone to things better.

With that in mind, I think it behoove's him to keep in mind the demographics of those who visit this forum, ie what might be appropriate in other venues might not necessarily be appropriate here - which, if I might add intuitively is related to "success". Any good director should and will know this and thus won't throw his pearls to the swine as the saying goes (or vice versa) if need not be; ie, you don't see Michael Bay doing interviews with him promoting the plot of his movies or whatnot in order to woo the Oscar crowd, you just get action packed commercials leading to the opening date. In simpler terms be aware of you target audience and make the proper adjustments or even bail if need be.

Another good post Chip, while your videos may entertain your guys in the hood Kidd, you shouldn't expect the same response here.

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
Another good post Chip, while your videos may entertain your guys in the hood Kidd, you shouldn't expect the same response here.

Let me shoot for some constructive criticism. Kidd, you seem like a good guy and I admire your efforts to break into multimedia. That said, your videos are extremely raw (meaning not well conceived, shot, and/or edited). And that should in no way be taken as a compliment. Lengthy, unedited videos that involve you and your friends driving, sitting, talking, and doing other everyday, mundane matters are only of interest to those folks and their friends.

If you want to appeal to a wider audience, learn to edit. Show lots of different shots, people and places of interest. Try for unusual angles, or to present the same things, but from a different perspective.

For example, once, you posted a vid of a friend of yours DJing at Passions in Santiago. Few if any close in shots of the crowd, the excitement, the cute girls, people having fun, etc. Instead, you showed your friend's turntable and him having fun...looking at the turntable. For almost 10 minutes.

Mr. Lu's videos follow these rules, and are very interesting, entertaining and polished. If you want to do better, learn from his work and that of others, and stop making videos that look more like a deposition than a trip to DR.

None of us know Mikey, so why would we be interested in him watching a baseball game, at the Gardens, or doing anything else? We WOULD be interested in him giving a "all access" tour of those spots, or talking with other people - kinda like Jay Leno's old bits.

We appreciate what you're trying to do, and understand that it's all about growth. So grow, and make a point of making each of your new videos better.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ricardo900

DOMINICAN-KIDD

Mar 21, 2008
drob went hard on this one but when you have 435,000 views on youtube why change

im not a director im not a producer i never was an editor and im not famous but you guys are talking

drob if my videos dont interest you why do you keep watching them in its entirely when i have a new one

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
drob went hard on this one but when you have 435,000 views on youtube why change

To get 4,350,000 views...

im not a director im not a producer i never was an editor and im not famous but you guys are talking

He said you seem to be a good guy so he and others are trying to help.

drob if my videos dont interest you why do you keep watching them in its entirely when i have a new one

It's called constructive criticism with the emphasis on constructive. For that reason I think it's a mistake for you to key on the criticism aspect of the comments.

Personally I haven't watched anymore than the first few seconds of any as I find them to be just more of the same but others have taken the time to try and help. You can either use the help or argue about it. Only one alternative will make your videos more popular.

FWIW

Gregg

DOMINICAN-KIDD

Mar 21, 2008
Gregg your right and i appreciate the opinions ... I have recieved harsh words since day one and im still doing videos

i appreciate all types of feedback