Nace Air Dominicana

Av8r1977

Jun 15, 2007
There is no urgent demand for new flights between USA and PUJ, US carriers offer many connections and their prices are reasonable, so......

Perhaps People want to have a choice? Fly a new Airplane istead of an old beat up one? get better service?

Av8r1977

Jun 15, 2007
"Nace Air Dominicana"

And thus, the countdown to its death begins!

Let's face it, although past performance is not a guarantee of future results, the track records of Dominicana De Aviacion, North American, Air Santo Domingo, et. al., do not provide the brightest of outlooks for this new venture.

Hipocrito, lets remember that Dominicana was in service for a loooog time before they colapsed it, it was a good airline until about the 80's, Air Santo Domingo, Aeromar and all the other ones that came out later suffered from the same illness, the people behind it had very limited knowledg of how to run anairline and they where using Wet Leases.

This country has never seen the kind of investement in aviation that its about to see, i say we give it a chance and be optimistic about it. Above all.... try to get all the facts before amiting harsh comments, sometimes we tend to rush into conclusions withouth having all the information necessary.

Av8r1977

Jun 15, 2007
Hi to all!!

I see a lots concerns about the new Dominican startup company.

1-airplane
2-maintenance
3-AC capacity

I will like just to tell you guys when the company where i work start its operations in 1987,they only had 1 SINGLE AIRPLANE and they had 4 destinations Acapulco,Cancun,Puerto Plata and Fort Lauderdale,they made it.
they only have to adjust the ops,and if you read what Felucho says he specifies clearly FIRST AIRPLANE there is one more 737 to come along with probably 2-767s.

Concerning the maintance i dont see the problem with that i believe they will build the facilities in PUJ or SDQ,lets dont forgets guys that the people on this project are professionals not amateurs.

And the AC heres the Technical Characteristics of the 737-800
Passengers
Typical 2-class configuration 162
Typical 1-class configuration 189

Cargo 1,555 cu ft (44 cu m)
Engines
(maximum thrust) CFMI CFM56-7
27,300 lb

Maximum Fuel Capacity 6,875 U.S. gal (26,020 L)
Maximum Takeoff Weight 174,200 lb (79,010 kg)

Maximum Range 3,060 nautical miles (5665 km)
Typical Cruise Speed
(at 35,000 feet) 0.785 Mach
(530 mph)

Basic Dimensions
Wing Span
With Winglets 112 ft 7 in (34.3 m)
117 ft 5 in (35.8 m)

Overall Length 129 ft 6 in (39.5 m)
Tail Height 41 ft 2 in (12.5 m)
Interior Cabin Width 11 ft 7 in (3.53 m)

With that range that airplane could reach Lisbon on a direct flight from PUJ.

So guys lets give them a chance i know they can do it.So lets see what
happens before criticizing.

Well... except the PUJ-LIS thing.... The plane might be able to do it, but you cannot do that flight legaly, aside from that on the way back you're gonna have to stop somewhere for gas because of the winds.