Narcotics anonymous Alcoholics Anonymous

J.Baby

Dec 23, 2012
My friend is renting my apartment for the next five months. She is a recovering addict and she wants to know if there are any meetings on the island. NA or AA will do, but I think she goes to NA more. I'm not exactly sure how it works, but she said an online search didn't give any results. She speaks a little Spanish, French and English. I searched the forums here but the last post was from 2006, so I thought I'd post again. The post I read said something about the North Coast having some maybe, but that was awhile ago. If anyone knows of a meeting anywhere on the island she'd appreciate it. PM me if you don't feel like breaking your anonymity. I may bump this topic a few times, so I hope the Moderators don't mind. She's only six months into recovery and her life partner is afraid she will relapse in the land of temptation. If there are no meetings and anyone knows of how she might go about setting one up or if anyone knows anyone who wouldn't mind making a meeting that would be awesome too. She will be staying in Bavaro, El Corticeto, but will have wheels. Thanks Everyone!

Yup there is AA in Cabarete, everyday. I have the number somewhere will PM it to you in the AM. Not sure if I am allowed to post on here his number. I used to go to NA more but it's all the same especially if she is just here for a bit. NA I haven't really looked for i'm sure it's somewhere on the island?!

If i could stay clean 3 months in at burning man, she will have no probs here ;-)

Last edited:

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
AA & NA have help untold numbers of people - this thread is NOT about them though.

It's about WHERE there are meetings.

If you don't have the answer to that - or a suggestion as to where the OP can find the info - don't bother posting, I'll just delete it.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Dog, the person IS coming here for 6 months. They aren't asking if they should come - they're asking where they can go for a meeting to keep them on the right track. You're free to PM them with whatever commentary you have. In the thread I want it on topic - where are there meetings.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
Dog, the person IS coming here for 6 months.

Really? Sorry I missed that in the OP:rolleyes:. And staying in Bavaro (on the North coast right?) sorry AE, but try to laugh!:p

OP,

NA your gunna be lucky, you might get 6 years for conspiracy to think about drugs use here.

If you need a couple of phone numbers for emergency support then I'd be happy to provide.:knockedou

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
I tried to point this out but seems to have been overlooked, like bavaro on the Northcoast apparently, like reading threads before adjusting them is required:confused:

sorry, off topic, my bad, erase us all please, wasn't thinking.

SultanofSwing

Jun 22, 2012
There is an English speaking AA meeting held in Cabarete daily. (AA/NA/CA)
For directions and info. 809-307-0321.

KJS73

Feb 25, 2011
There are many NA meetings in Santo Domingo. There is more information for the Zona Central area at (809) 221-8066.
Also on Tuesday and Fridays there is an English speaking AA meeting at 7pm on Independencia in Gazcue at an Episcopal Church. I'll try to get more exact information (cross street) of the meeting later.

Last edited:

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I'm on the east coast and can't recall seeing anything about AA/NA in this area. Why not use one of the contacts provided for Santo Domingo or the north coast and ask them whether they have any contacts in the Punta Cana/B?varo area?

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Be sure to remind her, and anyone else,that drug use, or posetion here in the DR can, and will, lead to a long term sentence in a Dominican prison.
Hell On Earth!!!!
Some Dominicans make a good living setting up foreigners to be shaken down by the police.
Maybe THAT will help, "Scare Her Straight"!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
Be sure to remind her, and anyone else,that drug use, or posetion here in the DR can, and will, lead to a long term sentence in a Dominican prison.
Hell On Earth!!!!
Some Dominicans make a good living setting up foreigners to be shaken down by the police.
Maybe THAT will help, "Scare Her Straight"!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

your kidding right? $20 bucks and you walk, even with yayo... "por favor acepte mi regalo de $20 US, he hecho un grave error y no volver? a suceder"

I'm not not talking about drug dealing.

Johanfitz

Nov 17, 2006
meetings for AA

Dog, the person IS coming here for 6 months. They aren't asking if they should come - they're asking where they can go for a meeting to keep them on the right track. You're free to PM them with whatever commentary you have. In the thread I want it on topic - where are there meetings.

Call John, 809 307 0321 We meet just before Cabarete every day. If no answer call a bit latter. I might be at a meeting. Good luck/

Also tell her that people will think it is strange that you are asking for a virgin drink or Sin Alcohol and/or forget and give you a drink WITH Alcohol. Has happened to me 3 or 4 times at various AI's, one time i wasn't watching or didn't smell it and chugged a real drink and ran to the washroom.
The looks on people's faces when i ran as fast as i could with my mouth full of drink ;-)

NV_

Bronze
Aug 4, 2003
your kidding right? $20 bucks and you walk, even with yayo... "por favor acepte mi regalo de $20 US, he hecho un grave error y no volver? a suceder"

I'm not not talking about drug dealing.

uh no. Any amount of bud will cost you RD1000s and even an empty baggy of yeyo will cost you as much as you AND your friends and family can come up with in a hurry or jail (easily RD10k+). Thats if youre lucky and the cop who busts you isnt after a promotion.