Need a Pasola for Novia

bilko

Aug 5, 2011
I will be in Cabarete Aug.17/12 and would like to purchase a
2-seater for under $500.

bilko

Aug 5, 2011
It is a small price to pay compared to what you spend on hookers, right badass!

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
You shouldn't have any problem finding one for that price, preferably legal, but no matter what expect it might be a different one on your return. I understand getting stolen bikes right now is easy, so be careful what you bUy, do it yourself with an expat friend, ignore her ideas to go to a friend, just asking for trouble IMO. A few days locked up is relatively little to some for a few mil pesos, to you it might spoil your impression of the place.

bilko

Aug 5, 2011
I have been coming to the DR for years now and know the routine. However, a Canadian man returning home
has a Yamaha Jog with papers which I will have inspected by a mechanic..Thanks for the concern!

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
My concern was more towards the recent spell of bike jackings in Cabarete rather than you not knowing what you were doing. I don't know if they have stopped now, but they were in the newspaper and online reports, Motorbikes being jacked at gunpoint.
good luck.

potatohead

May 10, 2012
My concern was more towards the recent spell of bike jackings in Cabarete rather than you not knowing what you were doing. I don't know if they have stopped now, but they were in the newspaper and online reports, Motorbikes being jacked at gunpoint.
good luck.
dr sounds like such a lovely place.........

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
it is a lovely place. it get lovelier the farther away you go from the tourist areas.

Bilko there is a bike dealer in Sosua, near tade winds if you go in the road by trade winds take it allthe way around past the international school then back down toward the hwy and you will see a guy who has a store and sells motor bikes as well as pasolas. He also sells to people who only vacation in DR and will store your bike while you are out of the Country and have it ready for you upon your return to the DR.