Need an Avocado-colored bathtub

Buzzard

Feb 28, 2004
Costambar
The color was popular in the 1950s. I need to replace the tub to match the sink & toilet.
Any suggestions how to locate one would be most appreciated.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
I think you would have a lot more success in changing everything to white. I haven't seen an avocado colored tub in years.
Because of the weight of them most where taken out in at least 2 or 3 pieces when renovations where done.
Before you give up try some of the recyclers. There are several just out of Higuey in Otra Banda and by Macao Beach

Good luck

Buzzard

Feb 28, 2004
Costambar
I think you would have a lot more success in changing everything to white. I haven't seen an avocado colored tub in years.
Because of the weight of them most where taken out in at least 2 or 3 pieces when renovations where done.
Before you give up try some of the recyclers. There are several just out of Higuey in Otra Banda and by Macao Beach

Good luck
Thanks, Melphis
I will give it a try.

Reactions: FGUnsworth1

OldSkool

Banned
Aug 31, 2021
Barahona
While you can have it sprayed and perhaps even color matched in my experience having had more than a few done, by various contractors, the finish never lasts long enough to make it worthwhile to me. The finish is much more fragile than that of a new tub.

If it were me I'd be renting a van and taking AE's offer ASAP ;)

Reactions: bachata and Gadfly

monfongo

Bronze
Feb 10, 2005
home depot has tub refinishing kits with epoxy paint, you can have it shipped but the color?

OldSkool

Banned
Aug 31, 2021
Barahona
home depot has tub refinishing kits with epoxy paint, you can have it shipped but the color?
They may have it but the question remains; is it any good? MY answer is no, it's not but it's not my tub LOL.

How many people/houses in the DR actually have a proper bathtub?

I've been in some mansions without and some very low end rental units that have had 2. While I generally prefer a warm or even cool shower, sometimes nothing beats a soak in a hot tub ;)

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
OP, hopefully you got in touch with AE. Here in DR between family members (spouse) I have seen pink tubs, black tubs, avocado tubs and baby blue colored tubs. Back in the USA even saw a brown tub. Don't get me started on the "steps" into the tub.

• Haha
Reactions: OldSkool

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
They may have it but the question remains; is it any good? MY answer is no, it's not but it's not my tub LOL.

How many people/houses in the DR actually have a proper bathtub?

I've been in some mansions without and some very low end rental units that have had 2. While I generally prefer a warm or even cool shower, sometimes nothing beats a soak in a hot tub ;)
Ahhh yes a hot tub with a close and personal lady friend, ............color of tub meaningless......

• Haha

OldSkool

Banned
Aug 31, 2021
Barahona
Ahhh yes a hot tub with a close and personal lady friend, ............color of tub meaningless......
I have yet to find a proper hot tub, with all the fancy seats and 30+ jets, etc...in the DR that actually works and has HOT water. I've tried jacuzzi tubs in hotels and cabañas and not what I'm looking for. I am thinking about buying or building a more tradition Japanese soaking tub sans all the bells and whistles. And a dry barrel sauna. GREAT for your health. No lady friends needed or desired. My GF has no interest in hot water LOL

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
I have yet to find a proper hot tub, with all the fancy seats and 30+ jets, etc...in the DR that actually works and has HOT water. I've tried jacuzzi tubs in hotels and cabañas and not what I'm looking for. I am thinking about buying or building a more tradition Japanese soaking tub sans all the bells and whistles. And a dry barrel sauna. GREAT for your health. No lady friends needed or desired. My GF has no interest in hot water LOL
Yes I would go for a proper sauna, the one with which you pour water on hot rocks......As for the lady friends....Dont discard them so easily, there may come a day when when they are hard to find.............