Need appartment or good website, for Las Teranas

scrubmuncher

On Vacation!
Jul 6, 2007
I'm considering relocating up the coast and am having trouble finding a good site with a listing of cheap accom. Anyone have any help?

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Yes, well, that would be....

I'm considering relocating up the coast and am having trouble finding a good site with a listing of cheap accom. Anyone have any help?

Well, Squat does give you what is available but the truth about LT is that there really ARE no cheap accomodations...... that is one of the main problems with life there. There are some small apartments in the $300-$500 range - and you can stay short term at the Oasis Hotel perhaps, still, for $600 a month ... budget does not really equal LT... BUT, that being said, there may be a drastic huge vacancy rate with the economic downturn and you may find something. The bargins won't be listed on the internet. alas.

scrubmuncher

On Vacation!
Jul 6, 2007
Hmmmm, I'm paying $340 p/m at the moment in sosua and was hoping to get even cheaper up the coast. I dunno where to head to be honest, my finances back in UK have taken a huge downturn leaving me needing work over here to exist comfortably.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
suggest heading home

Hmmmm, I'm paying $340 p/m at the moment in sosua and was hoping to get even cheaper up the coast. I dunno where to head to be honest, my finances back in UK have taken a huge downturn leaving me needing work over here to exist comfortably.

I think that LT is full of French people -- also looking for work - and really in LT you need to have at least three languages to be competetive..... so perhaps you had best consider going back to the UK? At least don't get stranded down to your last tuppence....

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
If you are determined to stay--

and still have some stash of money coming in... you can head WEST on the coast towards Luperon and Dajabon on the North or down to Pedernales on the South where living quarters can be found a lot cheaper... There is small gringo community in Luperon- rents closer to $200 level...

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
and still have some stash of money coming in... you can head WEST on the coast towards Luperon and Dajabon on the North or down to Pedernales on the South where living quarters can be found a lot cheaper... There is small gringo community in Luperon- rents closer to $200 level...
I completely agree with the above post... Las Terrenas is NOT cheap... I would recommend Luperon.

m.met

Jul 18, 2008
I would strongly suggest La Corte del Mar, you can find easily the rate in their website. If you call you can obtain some bargain.
Lies in a quite zone, just five minutes walk from the centre.
Wonderful place and the cheapest among the quality hotels/residence in LT.

met