need apt. for 1 month

cherrib

Jul 15, 2008
Hi. I am looking for a place to rent near a popular surfing zone. I would like to rent for 1 month, I will be here in the country for the month of December. Please contact me at cherrimerrymuffin@hotmail.com if you have anything available, or if you need a house sitter for that month, WE are willing to pay YOU. Thank you.

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
Hi. I am looking for a place to rent near a popular surfing zone. I would like to rent for 1 month, I will be here in the country for the month of December. Please contact me at cherrimerrymuffin@hotmail.com if you have anything available, or if you need a house sitter for that month, WE are willing to pay YOU. Thank you.

First, welcome to DR1!

Chances are, you haven't gotten a response due to a few reasons:

1) You didn't specify location. The DR is a highly diverse place with all kinds of beaches, but if we can presume you meant Cabarete, you should have said so.

2) You didn't describe your needs. Is it just you, or do you need several bedrooms? Looking for a cheap hotel room or a luxurious villa? Have to be on the beach or merely close by? (walking or driving distance?) What's your housing budget?

3) This topic has been heavily covered on the site before. In addition the the real estate forum, there's a section on the left side of the home page that allows you to peruse RE for rent or sale.

4) If you do receive a response, it'll likely be in the form of a PM or email. This site is supported in part by ad revenues generated from landlords looking for tenants like you. The owner rightly is not keen on non-advertisers attempting to rent the property using the posts. Some try other means of contact as a workaround.

5) Nobody needs a housesitter. Most properties you'd want to stay at are either in professionally maintained subdivisions or looked after by established property management companies. I'm sure you're a great person, but you realize that to most folk you're a complete stranger, and you're asking people to let you into their homes - for free. That's unlikely to happen.

Hope this was helpful. Good Luck,

DRob:glasses:

cherrib

Jul 15, 2008
DRob, thank you for your great suggestions. I actually am looking for a couple I know. I have lived here for a while, and have to agree with some of your suggestions. Thank you again for pointing them out. - Cherri