Need Free VPN - Claro Won't Give Static IP

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Some banks will not work with a VPN engaged - they demand to see your IP address. It protects them too

Reactions: keepcoming

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Two free/ 30 trials require nothing more than a valid email address.
Proton VPN
Hola VPN.

Some companies/ banks up north are using security that detects whether or not you're are trying to gain access while connected, seems to be hit or miss. Good luck.

Reactions: JD Jones

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
US. I can access my banks with no VPN but need VPN for US Office Depot.

I should have confirmed first. The DR Office Depot bought the farm in 2018. No wonder I wasn't getting any emails from them.

FGUnsworth1

Oct 18, 2003
My USA bank was taken over by another bank. They have Dr locked on the web site. Everytime I go there I need to call to unblock the ISP number. Claro won't give a static ISP number unless you have a RNC number business account. So, I'm thinking a VPN. I need one that connects to USA . Prefer free but a very small fee could be doable if I have no other options. Any idea

Reactions: CristoRey

Jan

Bronze
Jan 3, 2002
Santo Domingo Este
www.colonialzone-dr.com

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I did do a search but many of these sites only post links to where they get cash kickback for clicks. I don't trust all those best of sites
This is why I asked friends here what they use.
Forget free. For $40 a year you can be anywhere...............

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
Free or even paid VPN for anything related to banking ? It's a big no for us ....

I would agree here. After all, it is the bank trying to make sure you are who you say you are with any security measures, so I would perhaps just accept the fact that I would have to call them to get the IP unblocked.

None of the financial institutes we use are blocking the DR, but obviously they use different variations of 2FA or even physical devices of their own or our mobile phones to carry out verifications.

I use VPN for work where also sensitive customer information is passed along, but those VPNs are obviously managed by the company, whereas with a paid or free VPN, as others have said, others can also use those...

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
I use Citibank, Fidelity, and my own bank. None of them ask for 2FA. My google account sometimes asks but that's about it. Now, if I change devices, that's another story.

Something related: I have an MLB account and everytime I log in I have to click on that stupid Capcha thing. It's annoying but just a 1st world problem. You would think knowing my device would be enough verification.

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
VPNs are good, but proxies might work better for you. They can give you a consistent IP without needing a static one from your ISP, which should help with your bank's website.
This is the worst advice I have ever heard. A paid, well-rated VPN subscription is the safest, most secure and reliable option. It's worth coughing up the few bucks.

Reactions: Sunbiz1 and SKY

Unit5

Jun 3, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Why do you think so?

I’ve used proxies for similar issues, and they worked well. They’re usually faster and more reliable for banking compared to VPNs. Plus, they’re often cheaper if you just need a stable IP.

You should check out mobile proxies. They’re affordable and should work fine for your needs. For a good proxy, try https://proxys.io/en/buy-mobile-proxies.

VPN encrypts the traffic, does this proxy do that? I tried to browse to that site and got a "malicious site" warning...I guess because of the security on my PC

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I use Proton and get virtually the same speed as when it's off.

Reactions: CristoRey

drisforme

May 28, 2016
I use the google chrome extension VeePN for free.
Can pick and chose the location of the IP . Limited with the the free version but good enough for my current need.

Works well for some of the US site requiring to have an IP in the US such as Home Depot or some of the financial web-site.
Using it today to watch the Roland-Garros tournament on French TV channel.

Peace