Need help finding a doctor in Boca Chica.

Andrea Duguay

May 2, 2015
I've been real stomach sick for over a week now. How do I find an English doctor and what cost should I expect?

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
I've been real stomach sick for over a week now. How do I find an English doctor and what cost should I expect?

In all seriousness, if you have been experiencing dia-rhea along with your stomach aches go to the Pharmacia and ask for Prodom. Take this and within a few hours you will feel like new. I swear this is great stuff. I am not a doctor but I play one on this forum. Buena Suarte.

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Not directly in Boca Chica but nearby in Juan Dolio is Galmedical International. At least one of the doctors speaks english. Make sure you stay hydrated meanwhile and eat foods that are fat free. Usually a bit of dry chicken breast and boiled potatoes does wonders for me.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
dv8 Advice

I've been real stomach sick for over a week now.

Sometimes it's not worth nor necessary to see a doctor.
You'll soon get good advice on what to take from our Polish druggist (dv8). :cool:

BTW, how are the dogs?

donP

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Describe stomach sick. Go to the pharmacy and ask for ALBENDAMEBA ( Albendazo 400 mg, Quinfamida 300) and it will take care of most Amoebas, and many other nasty's. Cost around 300-400 per pill and recommended is two pills several days apart but if your stomach aliment is caused by something in the food or water this will most likely work.

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
It is best you see a doctor to have tests done to find out the cause. I agree with KateP. Juan Dolio is Galmedical International in Juan Dolio. Get well soon.

robbiee

Bronze
Dec 27, 2014
www.dominicanfun.net
go to any emergencia and consult you there. its free. they will tell what tests to do, usually they cost up to 500-1000 pesos.
they dont speak english, but what are dictionaries and gestures for ?
it is probably some bactercial infection...

robbiee

Bronze
Dec 27, 2014
www.dominicanfun.net
if it is bacterial infection, it wont help a s..it
Describe stomach sick. Go to the pharmacy and ask for ALBENDAMEBA ( Albendazo 400 mg, Quinfamida 300) and it will take care of most Amoebas, and many other nasty's. Cost around 300-400 per pill and recommended is two pills several days apart but if your stomach aliment is caused by something in the food or water this will most likely work.

Aug 6, 2006
There are many possible things that may have taken up residence in your stomach. A stool sample is almost certainly the best way to determine what they are. See a doctor.

banzai

Aug 16, 2013
The OP ask for a doctor, not advice!! On Las Americas just east of the fire station there is a small clinic with a small lab available. Last I used it there was an English speaker there. The doctor lives in the back. Good luck!

Andrea Duguay

May 2, 2015
I went to 3 pharmacies and spoke to the pharmacist at Boca Chica Pharmacy which is right across from Don Juan Beach Resort. He gave me Xamida for the diarrhea and Sertal for the intestinal discomfort/pain. He recommended I go to the hospital if things don't improve after 3 days.

Andrea Duguay

May 2, 2015
Have one more pill left to take at midnight and still not any better. Will be going to the hospital tomorrow. I hope it isn't too expensive :dead:

robbiee

Bronze
Dec 27, 2014
www.dominicanfun.net
why did you even take something for diarrhea ? it is natural defense system of your body to get rid off anything bad.
you are probably infected with some kind of bacteria.
just go to emergencia, consult with doctor and he will probably order analisis of stool, pee and blood. that will show what you have. consulta is free, tests are up to 1,000 pesos all.
but it is bacteria in my opinion.
Have one more pill left to take at midnight and still not any better. Will be going to the hospital tomorrow. I hope it isn't too expensive :dead:

Andrea Duguay

May 2, 2015
The pills I took were from a pharmacy for ameobas, giardis, etc. (prescription). Have had diarrhea for over 2 weeks now, that's why I took something.

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
The pills I took were from a pharmacy for ameobas, giardis, etc. (prescription). Have had diarrhea for over 2 weeks now, that's why I took something.

That is flirting with serious dehydration. I have had good luck with Dominican pharmacists correctly assigning medications. 3 days is my diarrhea limit then off to the clinic.