Need help getting tickets.

Jwb

Jan 10, 2002
I've been surfing the web looking for a good deal on flight tickets ranging from Feb 13 to Feb 28 th. I would prefer Departing from either Washington DC, Baltimore or Dulles,and land at POP or STI.

I usually fly out of New York with AA, but I am trying to eliminate the drive from virginia. So far Jet blue has the best deal ( $ 75.00 each way), but again I would have to make it up to New York.

I appreciate all suugestions.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Well if you have been checking Expedia, Orbitz, Tavelocity and Priceline as well as the airlines web sites you have pretty much done what you can do. What sort of assistance do you think you can obtain?

Snuffy

Bronze
May 3, 2002
Jwb said:
I've been surfing the web looking for a good deal on flight tickets ranging from Feb 13 to Feb 28 th. I would prefer Departing from either Washington DC, Baltimore or Dulles,and land at POP or STI.

I usually fly out of New York with AA, but I am trying to eliminate the drive from virginia. So far Jet blue has the best deal ( $ 75.00 each way), but again I would have to make it up to New York.

I appreciate all suugestions.

JWB....I also would prefer to fly out of the Washington area....have heard on here that JetBlue may begin flights to Santo Domingo from Dulles in about two months. I have not confirmed that information. Best of luck.

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
I am also in VA and the DC airports or Raleigh NC are my nearest departure points. There ARE NO good fares into POP or STI from either, and have not been for some time. Of course, you never know when one will appear out of nowhere, which is why I religously check the travel sites daily.

You have 2 options for low fares, both of which involve extra travel at one end or the other. You can drive to NY and fly into STI on JetBlue, or into POP on AA for a little more. The other option is that you CAN get a pretty good rate from DC area into SDQ, but then you have extra travel in the DR.

Option #3, if the time and energy you need to expend in't worth it to you, is to bite the bullet and pay the higher fare into POP from the DC area.

Like you, I weigh these every time I plan a trip. I have never driven to fly out of NY because it's 8 hours for me and I've always found a more palatible option before I had to do it.

Jwb

Jan 10, 2002
I hope you are right Snuffy. There is a large and steadily growing Dominican population in the DC, MD and VA area. I noticed that AA has a flight from JFK to STI for $351.51I from 2/13 to 2/27, If nothing better comes in my area, I will probably catch that flight.

Thanks guys.................