Need online electrical home goods website

jollyroger

Nov 3, 2019
Hi
I require a fridge , oven, dishwasher can anyone recommend a store on the north coast - with an online website and listed prices???

Thx

pularvik

Jan 2, 2011
I am not aware of a dedicated appliance store on the north coast. Many stores have a small section with appliances. you Might have to go to Santiago and Corripio who do have a website. Hopefully someone can come up with some suggestions.

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
There is a Corripio branch in Puerto Plata unless it has closed since the arrival of the Covid virus.

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
Corripio in Puerto Plata have nice a assortment of brand name appliances. I bought a Whirlpool fridge, chest freezer and washer there. Great prices with free delivery to Sosua. They even apply discounts when paying by credit card.

Reactions: windeguy

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Corripio is easily the best place for appliances you will get on the North Coast, and possibly in the DR. And when you buy something there be sure to ask for a discount. I have been getting 10% off on anything there for 11 years. I registered with my business card once and it is in the computer.

Reactions: aarhus and windeguy

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Plaza Lama has a reputation for refurbished goods.

When we don't import such things from the US, we use Corripio in Puerto Plata.

I saved a lot importing a Whirlpool Refrigerator using a door to door shipper.

Pikobello

Nov 12, 2020
Santo Domingo
Corripio is fine, they have also different plans of guarantee. And this entire month is black friday, there are really good prices now, so don't wait too much.

Scruff

Oct 24, 2021
Sosua
I’m looking to buy some tongue and groove wooden planks to do the bathroom ceiling. Anyone know where I can get it?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Thank you. I’m in Sosua. I was told I need what is called Dominican pine.
You can check with Freddy (one store near CMC) and Linares in Cabarete and LLibre in Islabon . If they don't have it, Bellon in Santiago will.

Kricke87

Feb 16, 2021
Sosúa
Personally I would not recommend Corripio in Puerto Plata. Their store there is just like a warehouse, and they have very few things actually there. I went there a couple of months back asking for a specific product that I had seen that they had on their website. They didn't have that specific product, but told me that they would make sure to bring it the following week. So a half-interested person took down my contact information so that they would contact me the following week. Nobody contacted me, but I passed by the store as I was nearby. The item and not arrived and they had not even bothered to making sure that it would arrive. Once again they told me that they would make sure the truck from Santiago brought that specific item for me the following week, and of course they would call me when it was available. Again nobody contacted me, so about 2 weeks later I entered the store to check again if it was there, and not to my surprise, nope, still not and they didn't have any notation that the specific item had been requested. So I just said thank you but don't bother trying again. And compared to other stores, they aren't cheap, a couple of years back I was going to buy a new fridge and went to them but found the same fridge for 10000 pesos less at another store. So, would not recommend them after the experiences I've had with them.

Scruff

Oct 24, 2021
Sosua
Yes I totally understand. I get the same indifference most places I go but I’m sure they get a lot of orders for things and people never come back and they’re stuck with the part. Covid has made things so tough for everyone and you really can’t blame anyone for being cautious. Thank you all for your responses.

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
I buy from Plaza Lama when I want to buy some for my Mom, not problems and they delivery on time at least in Santiago.
I have used Capital One credit card or Local debit card for payment.

JJ

Reactions: NanSanPedro