Need to replace my Honda CRV headlight assembly

No Place Like Home

Jul 9, 2013
My 2003 headlights are fogy, on the inside, so I would like to replace both of them. I checked with 2 places in POP. One wanted 8,150 pesos per light, the other said they no longer carries them. But when they did the last one sold for 1,300 pesos. This is a little crazy. Any one know where I can get these at a reasonable price? thanks

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I'd go online to a USA auto parts place and buy them for Maybe $35.00 each and have them sent to a Dominican Curier service. Lots of them to choose from find the one closest to you. I signed up for one 20 miles away that I have to pick up there. Others deliver.

not $35. the range is between 200 dollars and 75 for that part, per side. anything below that is going to be junk, with broken tabs or haze. still beats 8 thousand pesos, though.

Jan 9, 2004
My 2003 headlights are fogy, on the inside, so I would like to replace both of them. I checked with 2 places in POP. One wanted 8,150 pesos per light, the other said they no longer carries them. But when they did the last one sold for 1,300 pesos. This is a little crazy. Any one know where I can get these at a reasonable price? thanks

Certainly not original Honda for this price.....but will probably do the trick for you.

http://www.carparts.com/details/Hon...73&c2cid=ecdfc78a-083a-4a01-9e5a-9c81cd6f1542

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

arturo

Bronze
Mar 14, 2002
auto parts

The next time you are in the capital, you can check around Villa Juana's "la 20" the area loosely bordered by Tunti de C?ceres to the south, Maximo Gomez to the west, Maria Montez to the east, and Pedro Livio Cede?o to the north. You will find many used auto parts sold out of storefronts. The prices are low and you can make a deal for on the spot installation, but all parts are sold "as is." It's not a bad deal for the sort of part you are replacing. You will find the prices to be very competitive. You can even try out the replacement for a couple of nights and make a deal to sell the "core" originals to further cut your cost.

Try to stay south of Pedro Livio Cede?o. Also, try to complete your business an hour or so before dusk.

not $35. the range is between 200 dollars and 75 for that part, per side. anything below that is going to be junk, with broken tabs or haze. still beats 8 thousand pesos, though.

Jaime809

Bronze
Aug 23, 2012

Doesn't $200 US = $8000 RD at the current exchange rate?

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Why not get a kit to clean your headlamp lenses. They run about $20usd and you can do it yourself.

Jan 9, 2004
thanks everyone for your suggestions. LTSteve, the fogging is on the inside and you can not get there to clean it.

Fogging generally occurs on the outside and as LTSteve pointed out there are kits that can provide temporary fixes but usually do not restore the light to its optimal condition. You can even use an abrasive cleaner like white toothpaste (not the mint or gel kind) and with some elbow grease can remove a great deal of the fog yourself.

However, on the inside it is usually condensation that causes the headlight to "fog" up. While all headlights are vented, you may have cracked lenses or lenses where the glue has failed as it attached to the plastic housing.

Try running the vehicle with the headlights on for a couple of hours. That also is a temporary fix......and if it is your problem....just buy aftermarket replacement lenses...as well as solve your problem, they also give the car a nice aesthetic upgrade.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

FOURFAN

Jan 30, 2015
I ran a body shop. you cannot clean the inside of lights . these kits are just crap. It is just run of the mill paint polishing supplies. if you have nothing else to do and bored to death you can take the light apart if very careful not to break it. and sand and polish ... not worth the time. these kits are trash. they just make the discoloration shinier.

I just bring parts or put in barrel. I ship at least one barrel a month. and I travel once a month and bring auto part stuff. if you are not in a big hurry we have another barrel going out soon. I can throw in a pair

FOURFAN

Jan 30, 2015
just a note we repaired a high dollar Japanese car in 2012. one headlight was $1800 our cost????????? I about had a cardio