Negative Covid Test To Required By All Travelers To The US

Status
Not open for further replies.

PCMike

Aug 30, 2008
In a population of roughly 331 million persons?
What did these people die of?
On a positive/good note, it was stated on Monday that deaths by cancer in the US of A were down for calendar year 2020.
I wonder why we are shocked by death rates? Maybe because in the past, we did not really worry about it. But look at the numbers before Covid!! Seems quite normal, now that I looked at this. https://www.indexmundi.com/clocks/indicator/deaths/united-states

Reactions: Caonabo and nanita

scot_tosh

May 21, 2010
That is NOT what the CDC says in your link. Please read it carefully. There is NO restriction currently in place requiring a negative covid-19 test result to board an aircraft to leave the US for the DR.

There will be a restriction to board to return to the US come January 26, 2021.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2
you did not read properly;
QUOTE FROM DOCUMENT
If you must travel:
  • Before you travel, get tested with a viral test 1–3 days before your trip. Do not travel if you are waiting for test results, test positive, or are sick. Follow all entry requirements for your destination and provide any required or requested health information.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Topic is USA REQUIRING NEGATIVE COVID TEST AFTER JAN 26.

You guys are all over the place! Please get back on topic and tone down the dramatics.

0E529FDA-7655-4571-9FE6-94D5A791A231.jpeg

Reactions: CristoRey

j_d66

Nov 1, 2012
QUOTE FROM DOCUMENT
If you must travel:
  • Before you travel, get tested with a viral test 1–3 days before your trip. Do not travel if you are waiting for test results, test positive, or are sick. Follow all entry requirements for your destination and provide any required or requested health information.
I believe you have confused the CDC recommendations for travel with the actual order which are two different things

Go read it again than go read the actual order which is only for International passengers coming back into the USA effective January 26

Here is the actual order

Reactions: Tonchi and cavok

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
Shortly I WILL NEED to travel with a secretary to keep
Track of all the docs I need and To
keep them current

That's your excuse for the extremely attractive young lady who is half your age that you're travelling with is it sir?

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
This will be a logistics nightmare for the time being.

Thousands of tourists arrive and leave everyday out of PUJ.

So on day day four of their presumed seven day stay they start to find out where they can be tested...........and wait in line for that test............and then presumably wait in line again to get their negative results.

Those who are experienced AI travelers to the DR and who know how inefficient the system can be, will likely opt out of coming to the DR for the time being.

What sounds like a positive for tourism, may in fact be a negative..........at least for the short run.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2
And they have to pay those "cheap" taxi fares to get to and from the testing centres. Another $100

chrisgy

Jan 15, 2013
I take it, even international passengers in transit will not be exempt. Also surprised that nothing is stated by arrival into the US by sea. One would think that the sea ports for cargo ships as well as the possibility of cruise ships would be included.:unsure:
Intransit passengers , military as well as airline employees are exempt as per CDC

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
QUOTE FROM DOCUMENT
If you must travel:
I think you're reading too much into it. The CDC is talking about return travel to the US there.

Tonchi

Nov 17, 2015
Who are "these people"? This is not the idea of the Dominican Republic, the order is from the CDC in the US.
The same idiots that can't make up their minds about anything.. How many times have they been wrong??

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
You ask purposefully dumb questions to the wrong persons to spread a lie.
Read it again for understanding.
Only in a strange place is a brain hemorrhage not really a brain bleed but Covid?

People die on a regular basis from a brain bleed. It can be from injuries or aneurism.
Covid deaths are longer and much more drawn out due to time it takes to suffocate. Often hospitalized.

One is from a blood vessel, other from a virus often ending in pneumonia.

I am confident that the over worked heroes doing patient care are good honest folks who would not lie easily.
And especially not lie when it comes to their patients.

Thank you Dr. Zoom.
Dr. Zoom, I presume?

Status
Not open for further replies.