Neighbor In Sosua With A Jack Hammer....Help !

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Does anyone have the Mayor's number in Sosua to call and stop this noise

I live behind Banco Popular next to Blue Bayou which is next to this ( cement structure ) ...lol

The Owner has several complaints for noise and he has no Building Permits.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
i got a visit from officials where someone had complained about cow noise so they do exist- sorry I dont know the number, I think you just go to the government office in sousa (the cows were not allowed on the land for at least a week lol)

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
Concrete , not cement .....

True, but if it weren't for the cement he wouldn't need the jackhammer.....

Guessing that this is a temporary problem? I hate to fight with neighbors, things can escalate so fast.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
If he has friends or paid he dont need no stinkin permit. You will need more connected friends or pay more. Maybe both. How do I know about illegal construction. Wife did it a lot and we finally got one complaint which she greased and we ended up with a permit that virtually allowed us to do whatever we wanted.

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
The owner called the city and they will allow him 3 months to complete this work so lets see what happens whern his time is up

Can you buy dynamite here as this would eliminate the problem?

May 5, 2007
I'm a little confused? (And I have a fat head) What is it you want your neighbor to do? If he needs a jackhammer to complete construction/destruction it's kind of hard to be quiet

I would think if he is operating during acceptable hours you are kind of "stuck" until he finishes

I'm having a hard time visualizing someone with a jackhammer just making noise for no reason

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
I'm a little confused? (And I have a fat head) What is it you want your neighbor to do? If he needs a jackhammer to complete construction/destruction it's kind of hard to be quiet

I would think if he is operating during acceptable hours you are kind of "stuck" until he finishes

I'm having a hard time visualizing someone with a jackhammer just making noise for no reason

If you saw this ( property ) you would say it should be demolished.

He is one person making too much noise where many live and it won't be tolerated much longer.

This is a nice part of town which was quiet and the locals and developers will also end this noise

Last edited:

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Jackhammers are around US500 a week so I expect it can't go on forever.

That's more than his property is worth.

This guy lives in the 3rd floor of an old abdoned building and he has turned this into a never ending re construction..

He has a cement mixer , concrete saws, Compresors for air tools like the Pneumatic power chisel and needle gun.

He even has an electric crane on the 3rd floor with a beam to hoist buckets of cement like a kid would do from his fort in a barn.

This is next to Blue Byou and the Water Front and these places get demolished and then the rats run somewhere else.

The guy smokes about 100 cigarettes per day and when you add that to breathing all the cement dust we will see how long this lasts....he does wear ear protectors however.

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
That's more than his property is worth.

This guy lives in the 3rd floor of an old abdoned building and he has turned this into a never ending re construction..

He has a cement mixer , concrete saws, Compresors for air tools like the Pneumatic power chisel and needle gun.

He even has an electric crane on the 3rd floor with a beam to hoist buckets of cement like a kid would do from his fort in a barn.

This is next to Blue Byou and the Water Front and these places get demolished and then the rats run somewhere else.

The guy smokes about 100 cigarettes per day and when you add that to breathing all the cement dust we will see how long this lasts....he does wear ear protectors however.

Ear Protection? You sure he's not an American?

A third floor crane? That's how they build sky scrapers. You should find out what he's building.
Do you ever talk to him?

May 5, 2007
If you saw this ( property ) you would say it should be demolished.

He is one person making too much noise where many live and it won't be tolerated much longer.

This is a nice part of town which was quiet and the locals and developers will also end this noise

Mike

I'm not condoning this guy bothering you, just find it hard to understand "Unnecessary" jackhammer work, as Chip said it is very expensive

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Ear Protection? You sure he's not an American?

A third floor crane? That's how they build sky scrapers. You should find out what he's building.
Do you ever talk to him?

He's a German and ther is no talking to him and the third story crane is a small I beam with an electric winch.

I have lived next door for 8 years and he has been working on this property on and off for all of this time and the place still looks terrible.

The noise has only been going on for a few months

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
He's a German and ther is no talking to him and the third story crane is a small I beam with an electric winch.

I have lived next door for 8 years and he has been working on this property on and off for all of this time and the place still looks terrible.

The noise has only been going on for a few months

Get his phone number for me and I will call him and see if I can finish up his job for him, economically and quietly. :)

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Mike

I'm not condoning this guy bothering you, just find it hard to understand "Unnecessary" jackhammer work, as Chip said it is very expensive

There was a jack hammer now it's a pneumatic chisel and a cement saw which are still noisy but not as bad as the Jack Hammer.

The worst part is he starts first thing in the morning waking everyone up and then he stops.

I live in a tourist hotel and the neighbor complains that some of the guests are noisy when they come back from the disco at 3 am and wake him up so he wants to punish all of the residents with his noise

Some could say why don't you move but I always prepay my rent a year in advance and the city says all work must be complete by August so let's see how that works

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
The sad part is that this area in Sosua is like a mini rain Forest with all the noise he is creating has devasted the " birds and the Bees " if you will.

In the cool months I leave my windows open and the animal sounds, makes living here a worth while experience.

The crickets no longer have sex or they left town because the level of songs has been reduced by 32-48%.

With new managment and a demoliton team I am sure this property could be wiped off the map.

BTW when I first moved here the only noise that bothered me was a rooster so I had a box of Industrial Ear Plugs shipped in from EPS.

The Rooster problem stopped after 2 years and now..........