Netflix - Question about DR Content vs US Content

judypdr

Jul 23, 2011
Costambar
Hi everyone. I have a Netflix subscription and I wanted to watch the British TV series "Monarch of the Glen." The recent listings of what is leaving Netflix in March includes this program, but when I search Netflix, I can't find it. I am guessing that the Netflix subscription from the DR has different content than a Netflix subscription from the US? Can anyone verify that? And any suggestions on what to do about it? Thanks! Judy

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014

judypdr

Jul 23, 2011
Costambar
Thanks! Any ideas on how I can watch? Amazon used to have it but now only sell the DVDs...I guess I need to decide how badly I want to watch it! :) Has anyone ever tried the "Express VPN" service. It costs quite a bit but don't know if it's worth it...?

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Software VPN solutions contain a flaw. It is possible for service providers to identify vpn customers and block their access unless the vpn service takes a proactive approach and continually switches addresses or provides a means to mask the usage of the VPN itself.

A hardware solution maybe a more reliable solution at least in the short term. Something to consider is this device or something similar. 

Link provided as a place to start researching, I have no experience with the company, its products or the effectiveness of the concept. 

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/netflix-turbobeacon-unblocking-crackdown-1.3976891

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
One can always ask their ISP here in the DR if they offer a US based IP as a service option to their customers. I know that Delancer Cable offers both a DR & US IP and all one has to do is ask to be switched to whichever address is most advantageous.  

jinty05

Bronze
Feb 11, 2005
Suggest that you give their free trial a go and see if it works for you. It does for me here in Santiago:-https://www.unblock-us.com/

mofongoloco

Silver
Feb 7, 2013
I got a bunch of access to premium shows when I was travelling abroad with my ipad and us Netflix.

Monarch of the Glenn was great the first season. It dwindled from there but I watched every episode.