New 5 Star Hotel For Cabarete

ohmmmm

Bronze
Jun 11, 2010
A new 5 Star Hotel was announced for Cabarete today.

http://periodicoelfaro.com.do/2016/...al-suites-cabarete-de-millonaria-inversion-2/

PUERTO PLATA A luxurious five - star hotel will be built on the beautiful beaches of Cabarete tourist district by following a business alliance signed between the prestigious hotel brand Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort ally Group Companies, one of the most important Canadian investors the world.
the new project will take place in several stages under a huge investment, have the luxury and 5 star level that distinguishes the brand Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort, and will be called "Presidential Suites Cabarete", the third brand under this category in all the country.

The luxurious building will consist of several units 1, 2 and 3 bedrooms that increase the range of destinations in the Lifestyle group. It will also feature two restaurants, Spa and amenities that offers visitors a new concept of
exclusivity and comfort without losing quality.

They participated in the signing of the ideals of the project Kevin Wojciechowski who serves as Managing Partner of this project and Leslie Wynn and Patrick Sleezer representing Wynn Group of Companies, by the brand Lifestyle its President and Ceo Markus Wischenbart .

Lifestidys HWynn Group of compnies is an important family group with extensive interests in Canada in the real estate industry, solar energy, gyms and others.

In his first foray into Dominican territory he has chosen the Lifestyle group to establish a strategic alliance that is expected to be the first of other investments together.

The Lifestyle Group is one of the conglomerates of the most important tourist industry along the north Carnival Cruise. With the agreements brand consolidates once again its modern offer a unique experience for those of us who enjoy distinguished by the wide range of opportunities Lifestyle offers.

Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort is located within a vast area of ​​one million square meters just in front of the bay of Cofresi, 500 meters from the park Ocean World Adventure Park Marina & amp.

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
Hope they understand not to block the winds needed for kiteing and respect the delicate beach & swamp ecosystem.

Jan 17, 2009
Someone posted on the FB Everything Caberete page that it'll be at the entrance of Procab. I'm guessing it means that this group, which already owns Grand Cabana, got together with Lifestyle to finish and convert it to a five star resort.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Someone posted on the FB Everything Caberete page that it'll be at the entrance of Procab. I'm guessing it means that this group, which already owns Grand Cabana, got together with Lifestyle to finish and convert it to a five star resort.

That would make far too much sense, but I think that is correct.

tee

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Cabarete
I was told months ago by a very connected source that Lifestyles had signed a contract with Gran Cabana resort at the entrance to Pro Cab along with the property that is directly opposite on the beach side. This will be a massive addition to Cabarete beach, providing they don't make any restrictions on the beach as far as public access. As we know, all beaches are public but we also know that money talks and rules can go out of the window when money starts to be spread to the powers that be. Lifestyles employ hundreds, if not thousands of people in this country and any chance of boosting the unemployment rate in Cabarete is a big plus in my mind. This can really help put Cabarete on the map but I hope that we won't lose the Cabarete that we all love so much.

champ

Dec 2, 2006
Thief

I was told months ago by a very connected source that Lifestyles had signed a contract with Gran Cabana resort at the entrance to Pro Cab along with the property that is directly opposite on the beach side. This will be a massive addition to Cabarete beach, providing they don't make any restrictions on the beach as far as public access. As we know, all beaches are public but we also know that money talks and rules can go out of the window when money starts to be spread to the powers that be. Lifestyles employ hundreds, if not thousands of people in this country and any chance of boosting the unemployment rate in Cabarete is a big plus in my mind. This can really help put Cabarete on the map but I hope that we won't lose the Cabarete that we all love so much.

They stole part of the beach in cofresi and they won't stop until they steal all of the beach

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
One's feelings regarding vacation clubs aside, when you employ in excess of 5000 workers (POP alone), pump millions of dollars into the economy, govt coffers/pockets, arrange for the construction of high end villas, gobble up other failing resort properties, you get special consideration here.

Lifestyles now owns Coconut Palms, are in partnership with with the project in Cabarete, building on the peninsula in Samana (Cap el Limon), propping up more than one resort on the south coast, has a small boutique resort in Cortecito, what's a small section of beach among friends?

Beaches in this country, are still public and anyone can walk and swim to their hearts content. The fact that you may have a bunch of rich gringos sipping imported cerveza watching you from the comfort of a new building with white flags flapping in the breeze as you pass by might plant the seed that someday you too could be sitting there watching the people pass by, or not.

Success often fosters resentment. More than 10 years ago when I first joined Lifestyles, my assigned membership number was in the very low 2000s. Today with more than 85,000 members, the Lifestyles brand is the single largest tourist draw to the North Coast among repeat visitors year over year.

The club is not always perfect and it can be said that that sometimes people who join fail to appreciate what they are buying and have never done a cost benefit analysis in their lives. Overall the business model works well and most of the time, meets the needs and expectations of its members. It's like a country club I suppose. If you can afford to sit at the bar, it's great. If you can't, it's an eyesore and a waste of potential public space that could be used to walk your dog.

Lifestyles can't please everyone all the time. Membership is not a good deal for a many infrequent travelers. The higher tiered memberships cost about as much as a small house. Those that want to and can, join. Those that can't usually complain.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Now it all makes sense. Buy a failed project partly done and finish it before it crumbles to the ground and sell expensive vacation ownership programs.

The original plans for Gran Cabana included a pedestrian bridge over the main road to connect the main living areas to the beach side buildings. It was a "grand" plan that may now happen. While commoners probably won't be able to walk to the beach through those beach front buildings, there is still access through a number of other restaurants, bars and other pass throughs.

How many stories tall will those beach front building be?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Doing some research on Lifestyles. Their properties are "all-inclusive mandatory" vacation ownership resorts (which they say are not time shares) and not hotels. They may also choose to rent space on a daily basis, that I do not know.

With the all-inclusive feature, don't expect the supermarkets, restaurants and bars in Cabarete to get much out of this situation.

StillAbe

May 19, 2011
This Wynn group has been in "discussions" with Gord Gannon for years. it has taken so many twists and turns that it's impossible to tell what will be the fate of former investors in the original expansion of the Windsurf Resort. Many people sunk many dollars and pesos into this venture; if they are left in the lurch it will be a bad deal for them indeed. If they are made whole, it will signal much celebration. I am betting on something in the area of 10 Cents on the Dollar if anything. I'd love to be wrong.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
lifestyle has a AI hotel option for non members. i recall some dr1ers staying there after getting good deal online and complaining about the bothersome nagging.

it will surely give some boost to local folks in terms of employment. that alone is good news.

StillAbe

May 19, 2011
Now it all makes sense. Buy a failed project partly done and finish it before it crumbles to the ground and sell expensive vacation ownership programs.

The original plans for Gran Cabana included a pedestrian bridge over the main road to connect the main living areas to the beach side buildings. It was a "grand" plan that may now happen. While commoners probably won't be able to walk to the beach through those beach front buildings, there is still access through a number of other restaurants, bars and other pass throughs.

How many stories tall will those beach front building be?

You have in the past seemed well-informed on this project's status. Do you not have an ear to the ground now--especially regarding the potential reimbursement to or participation in this new version of the project by original unit buyers?

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
The primary reason for Lifestyle's expansion into Cabarete is really simple. Lifestyles in Cofresi can no longer accommodate the number of members who would like to stay at that resort (in their class of accommodation) at the times they wish to come.

First there was talk about revamping Coco Palms. Not big enough to make an appreciable dent in the shortfall of rooms so another idea has come up. Yeah, they'll still be selling memberships but will also be able to keep the place full with existing members alone. Sorry, no commoners allowed. They'll be able to stand on the beach and look up at all the fat gringos puffing on genuine embargoed Cuban Cohibas and sipping Chianti. There will be constant shuttles between Cabarete and the Corfesi properties for those who wish to make use of the facilities at the other site.

Any commoner who wishes to drop $100K is more than welcome to pull up a chair at the bar and join the big boys. Otherwise, they'll still have to squeeze through the barbed wire and cut across someone else's property further down the road.

Say what you will about vacation clubs and Lifestyles in particular, their business model works exceptionally well compared to everyone else's and the money just keeps flowing in.

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
lifestyle has a AI hotel option for non members. i recall some dr1ers staying there after getting good deal online and complaining about the bothersome nagging.

it will surely give some boost to local folks in terms of employment. that alone is good news.

Like Groupon for example. $99 per night for two with the VIP pass is excellent value. I've done it once just for three nights and it was a nice break. We did have to attend a hard sell event, but just kept saying ,"No thanks we live here"

https://www.groupon.com/deals/ga-bk-lifestyle-crown-residence-suites-12

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
Your Exquisite Excellency

Sorry, no commoners allowed. They'll be able to stand on the beach and look up at all the fat gringos puffing on genuine embargoed Cuban Cohibas and sipping Chianti. There will be constant shuttles between Cabarete and the Corfesi properties for those who wish to make use of the facilities at the other site.

Any commoner who wishes to drop $100K is more than welcome to pull up a chair at the bar and join the big boys. Otherwise, they'll still have to squeeze through the barbed wire and cut across someone else's property further down the road.

It is evident that you are indeed a very important person!
This commoner is on his knees marvelling your brilliance.