New Beef at Nacional

jeb321

Bronze
Dec 12, 2008
I have seen a lot of different breeds of cattle in the campos around Jarabacoa , Australian Braford,..Charolais....etc. I actually don't mind the taste of most of the beef I've had here but tough...wow.

Bob. Big mistake on my part. It should have been a "like". For me, my taste buds want the angus and only angus.
The rest is inedible and unchewable. I will give up meat rather than eat what the DR offers as regular, or Brangus (which imho) is just not worthy.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Bob. Big mistake on my part. It should have been a "like". For me, my taste buds want the angus and only angus.
The rest is inedible and unchewable. I will give up meat rather than eat what the DR offers as regular, or Brangus (which imho) is just not worthy.

I can eat anything but mondogo. I was raised eating grassfed Beef and beefalo so perhaps my tastebuds are altered. I remember when my brother brought his Cuban wife to where he lived at the time, Drumheller Alberta. He fired up the barbecue and cooked some Prime Alberta beef. Yaritza asked them what she was eating because it sure taste good. When he told her it was beef she didn't believe him because the beef she has eaten in Cuba didn't taste anything like that.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I totally doubt you had Brangus beef.

I'm a beef guy. I know my cow. I've pposted grilled dead cow stories on DR1.

Every Brangus steak or raost we've had has been very good, especially at US$5 a lb. less than Angus.

The 4lb. Brangus rib roast I cooked a few weeks ago was fantastic.

That said "regular" Dominican beef is horrid.

I am told that Nacional has been running in short supply of Brangus the last few weeks because of the drought. The "system" is barely up and running and there is little room for error.