"new" cedula needed to vote

Tordok

Bronze
Oct 6, 2003
I could call my local consulate but from browsing around I feel that answers here are typically better informed and it would help me prepare to deal with the Dominican officials.

I had the old "libretita" c?dula until 1989 when I left the DR and I failed to ever renew it. Some time ago the old cedula was substituted with the current cedula -the one that looks like a driver's license card. I never got one of those. My understanding is that nowadays, as a Dominican-born U.S. citizen living abroad, I might be eligible to vote in Dominican elections via one of its consulates.

The questions is: can I get a new c?dula and/or electoral card without having to go to the DR? What kind of documents would I need? I realize it may be too late to get this stuff done on time for the next presidential contest, but nonetheless I figure that I might as well inquire about it here.
Any help greatly appreciated,

-Tordok

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I think you might be too late

They set up registration places in the major Dominican populated areas. I would imagine that the ?Dominican Embassy in Washington could give you some straight information...

HB