New Dominican Restaurant in Toronto

Johana

May 24, 2006
There is a new Dominican restaurant in Toronto...Cafe Santo Domingo at 1562 Weston Rd. Myself, my husband (dominican) and a friend went to try it out this past Saturday.

The food was excellent - my husband's plate was cleaner than before the food was put on it lol. The owner's were very friendly and we will definitely return - I'll be sure to return on a weekend so I can try out the sancocho :) (only available on weekends).

You can also pick up Dominican coffee if you are running low.

Cafe Santo Domingo

tarrantino

Jan 12, 2006
There is also a new restaurant called Maria Montez. Has anyone been there yet?It is on Milvan. Is that near the other restaurant? I would like to go and try some of there food. When I was speaking to the owner, he said that he was in the process making Tostones (yum)

margaret

Bronze
Aug 9, 2006
Viernes Clasicos en el Nuevo Restaurant Dominicano.

I think we have to check out this restaurant AnnaC.

Caf? Santo Domingo Restaurant invita a todos a partir del pr?ximo Viernes 17 de Octubre a los Viernes Cl?sicos. Ven y disfruta de un ambiente familiar desde las 6:00 de la tarde, Comida exquisita 100% Criolla y la mejor m?sica de los 80s y 90s M?sica por: DJ Primo. M?s informaci?n 416.558.6677

http://www.torontodominicano.com/.shared/image.html?/photos/uncategorized/2008/10/06/cafeweb_2.jpg

Cafe Santo Domingo Restaurant .. 1562 Weston Rd. Toronto. On.

Johana

May 24, 2006
Well, my husband and I went back to Cafe Santo Domingo for our first anniversary dinner. The food and service were just as excellent the second time around - if not better as they remembered us from our previous trip. And of course la dona can cook!!!(sorry I don't know how to add the tilde).
We did not feel "unsafe" at all and we will absolutely be back - the tostones are addictive!!!!!

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I feel a get together coming on. Just waiting for some people to return from vacation. ;)

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Let's stick to discussing this new Dominican restaurant.

BTW is there dancing there? Are there any Latin clubs around that we can head for after eating?

Johana

May 24, 2006
Hey Anna,

when we were there on Friday the owner mentioned that he is going to start having a dj there on Fridays (at least- I'm not sure about Saturday) starting this Friday. And no cover charge all night ;)

margaret

Bronze
Aug 9, 2006
I think we have to check out this restaurant AnnaC.

Caf? Santo Domingo Restaurant invita a todos a partir del pr?ximo Viernes 17 de Octubre a los Viernes Cl?sicos. Ven y disfruta de un ambiente familiar desde las 6:00 de la tarde, Comida exquisita 100% Criolla y la mejor m?sica de los 80s y 90s M?sica por: DJ Primo. M?s informaci?n 416.558.6677

Photo

Cafe Santo Domingo Restaurant .. 1562 Weston Rd. Toronto. On.

Regarding the DJ, according to this flyer, this coming Thursday October 17, they'll be starting Classic Thursdays with DJ Primo. I think on a Thursday they have a good chance to attracting people who dance in that area on Fridays and Saturdays at Latin Fever. I don't think Latin Fever has a Thursday night or do they? At any rate, I'm game (Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday) and I hope they have something for vegetarians. Ummm, liet me see salad, rice, yuca, habicuelas and tostones.

TERRY

Feb 1, 2002
Let's stick to discussing this new Dominican restaurant.

BTW is there dancing there? Are there any Latin clubs around that we can head for after eating?

Yes Anna there is dancing.
I havn"t had time to post in a while, just to busy running my new Dominican restaurant.
It would be great to see you guys at the restaurant
Terry.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Yes Anna there is dancing.
I havn"t had time to post in a while, just to busy running my new Dominican restaurant.
It would be great to see you guys at the restaurant
Terry.

No way! Is this the same Terry we met at the 2004 gathering at Las Brisas? If so I look forward to trying out the restaurant for sure.

Wishing you the best.

Last edited:

TERRY

Feb 1, 2002
No way! Is this the same Terry we met at the 2004 gathering at Las Brisas? If so I look forward to trying out the restaurant for sure.

Wishing you the best.[/QUOTe
And I look forward to seeing you again.
and yes I am the same Terry you met in 2004
Terry

Giovanni

Oct 14, 2008
Terry we just love your restaurant "Cafe Santo Domingo". We have been there a couple of times already and the food is excellent. I must say we like what you've done to the place. We really like the way the restaurant looks outside great colour.

CanadianCutie23

Dec 24, 2003
I feel a get together coming on. Just waiting for some people to return from vacation. ;)

I'm game! I'm still somewhat newly relocated to the GTA and would love to meet up with others who share the love of the DR and all things DR-related!

gonzaga

Mar 19, 2002
Hello All,

A very long time for me to post or view DR1.com.

We are thinking about going to Cafe Santo Domingo for a friend's birthday. I could not locate a menu or price list on the intranet. Any info would be appreciated..........Regards

gonzaga

Mar 19, 2002
Thanks Anna, I hope all is well with you and the family. I think we are headed there this Weekend!!!